Hurley's Gold

And The Winner for Stupid City Council Tricks Goes to Sacramento!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Ah, my old home town...home to the degenerate Democratic Peoples Republic of California capital. Since there are 50 gang members in Sacramento who have committed homicides but have managed to evade prosecution, the mayor and his council dwarfs have decided to pay them to go to school and avoid killing people. Shoot no more and the city will pay you the big bucks. This is pretty hard to swallow, my friends, but it is happening right now and will probably soon spread to other cities across the nation.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/sacramento-pay-gang-members-kill/
    Capitol Armory ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So much for the saying "Crime doesn't pay". I guess they are also compliant to extortion too, I mean that is pretty much what it amounts to.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Dpending that much to arm citizens might help. That won't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    True, but you are talking about California, that would never happen. Next will come sanctuary cities for murderers.

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    True, but you are talking about California, that would never happen. Next will come sanctuary cities for criminals.

It's already a sanctuary state. "Non-violent" crime has no jail time, catch and release...I can't imagine being a LEO in CA these days.

The solution to overcrowded jails and prisons?
    Reclassify what's a crime, of course.

California Votes To Label Violent Crimes As ‘Non-Violent’ So They Can Release Felons

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/california-proposition-57/#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    This is the kind of behavior that keeps me in Texas, even though California was my home for 56 years. I don't miss the stupidity and liberalism at all!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's already a sanctuary state. "Non-violent" crime has no jail time, catch and release...I can't imagine being a LEO in CA these days.

The solution to overcrowded jails and prisons?
    Reclassify what's a crime, of course.

California Votes To Label Violent Crimes As ‘Non-Violent’ So They Can Release Felons

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/california-proposition-57/#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There! fixed it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just one of the comments....

"Will they have to declare the funds as income?

What rate will it be taxed at?

Are tats deductible?"

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Maybe they'll spend time in the 'big house' for income tax evasion since they apparently didn't have enough evidence to convict them of murder! (Worked for gangsters during the '30's.... why not for these thugs?).

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    That is almost a criminally-stupid idea. Is it any wonder the State and so many of their cities teeter on the brink of bankruptcy?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The state has a laughable $1 trillion in pension liabilities...$93,000 per household.
    And the largest migration out of the state is middle-income people making between $100k - $200k annually.
    That situation is hilarious but it's also long-standing.

It used to be common that Californians who earned a pension from the state would immediately leave the state to avoid the high income taxes. They had worked for the state long enough to earn the pension so they'd move to Texas (and keep all of it) or Oregon (and keep more of it), etc. It was a sound financial strategy, right? After all, you only get assessed state income tax by the state in which you live, right?

Not necessarily. California was so hard up for money (and remember that I'm talking 30+ years ago) that they instituted a "source tax", essentially an income tax on out-of-state residents who had earned their pensions in California.

I was born in Alabama. If Alabama tried to tax my income here in Texas, I know I wouldn't be happy. It took federal legislation to slap California down.

The situation is discussed here, but only the pertinent paragraph is required reading:

On Jan. 10, 1996, P.L. 104-95 took effect. This federal law prohibits any state from taxing pension income of non-residents, even if the pension was earned within the state. Before the passage of this law, California, New York and several other states maintained a source tax on pension earned within the state. For example, a California teacher who retired to Nevada would have to continue paying the source tax on her California pension. Thanks to this law, people who earn a pension in California then move out of the state no longer have to pay taxes on these funds to California.

It's amazing that CA, NY, or any other state would overreach to that extent. For one state to tax the residents of another state is simply outlandish.

Who says the federal government never gets anything right? :)

Speaking of the federal government getting something right and pension funding, I note that the feds abolished the Civil Service Retirement System in 1982. Current participants were grandfathered into the old system but the much cheaper Federal Employee Retirement System took its place for new-hires and any old employees who wanted to switch (and there were a bunch of those, btw). Why the states were unable to see the crash of their own pension systems bearing down on them and take ameliorative action like the feds did is something I don't fully understand.

tl;dr - CA pension funding problems date back to the 1980s or before and it's their fault that they didn't deal with the problem on a timely basis.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Another reason to sell and leave California after retiring is that many can find houses in other states often for less than half the price and more property.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Another reason to sell and leave California after retiring is that many can find houses in other states often for less than half the price and more property.
    Sis had a friend visit from CA many years ago. Everyone stayed at my house which is worth well under $200K. Her friend was gobsmacked and swore that, in her neighborhood, my house would have cost over $1M.

Location, location, location, I guess.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Sis had a friend visit from CA many years ago. Everyone stayed at my house which is worth well under $200K. Her friend was gobsmacked and swore that, in her neighborhood, my house would have cost over $1M.

Location, location, location, I guess.
    I remember, I believe it was in 2004, on one of my many TDY trips to San Diego watching the news of a woman that won a lottery to buy a house. The house wasn't in the best of neighborhoods, a cracker box ugly pink 2 bedroom, 1 bath and very little in the way of what might be called a yard. When I heard the price I couldn't believe what she would have to pay for it, $500,000. When they showed the woman you would have thought she had won the money, not the chance to buy it.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    When they showed the woman you would have thought she had won the money, not the chance to buy it.

7e2fbd3b86e7a7b5985bb82679e68a69.jpg

Top Bottom