Texas SOT

And The Winner for Stupid City Council Tricks Goes to Sacramento!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    7e2fbd3b86e7a7b5985bb82679e68a69.jpg
    There were times when demand was so high for new houses that there was a lottery to see who would get the chance to buy the house. I guess it is just a way to try to curb rampant "appreciation" of home prices. We first encountered it in Arizona when we were thinking of moving. We heard someone say that she won the house in the lottery. We said, "wow! Congratulations!" Then we learned she won the opportunity to buy it. You had to basically put in your package and then they would have a drawing on a certain date. We had never heard of that and just walked away.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Near my old office in Playa Vista (just north of LAX), 600 square foot studio apartments rent for $3k per month. We lived in the suburbs, 25 miles away.

This is the last house we rented before moving to Dallas.
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1854-262nd-St-Lomita-CA-90717/21345387_zpid/

We rented it for $2500/month (and that was a good deal compared to what was out there), it sold soon after we moved out.

This house was a total POS and the hillside it's on is sliding...it needed $200k in improvements to make it liveable and secure. So it would have been a $750k tiny f@cking house.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I suppose if you're the seller, that kind of market is ideal. Lord have mercy if you're needing to buy in such a location. I would not be able (or willing...for that matter) to pay the annual property taxes on such houses.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    It is difficult for anyone that has lived in California to grasp the realities of the cost of living, traffic, crime, the disrepect for the Constitution and the general disdain for American values by all of the foreigners there. when I go back for a visit, I don't even get out of the airport without wanting to bang my head against the wall. I wish you all could have seen it 50 years ago, but now it is a pathetic excuse for a part of America. I never dreamed I woukd be forced to leave my home state, but I just could not put up with it any more.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It is difficult for anyone that has lived in California to grasp the realities of the cost of living, traffic, crime, the disrepect for the Constitution and the general disdain for American values by all of the foreigners there. when I go back for a visit, I don't even get out of the airport without wanting to bang my head against the wall. I wish you all could have seen it 50 years ago, but now it is a pathetic excuse for a part of America. I never dreamed I woukd be forced to leave my home state, but I just could not put up with it any more.
    That was the last time I lived there, not counting months at a time TDY. I lived in the valley and Hollywood as a kid.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    ...but I just could not put up with it any more.

Same mental struggle I had a few years ago when I changed political parties. I went through a metamorphosis in political ideology and simply realized I couldn't put up with what the Democratic Party had become. "They" changed - becoming much more left wing than I ever was! I suspect California will ultimately run all "conservatives" out of the state. Then they'll go bankrupt and then the Federal government will bail them out. Pretty much everything the Democrats control long term, has or will wind up in a mess: Chicago, Detroit, D.C., NY AND Calif. They [the Dems] just don't buy into the idea the government is a big part of the problem; they still think that big government is the solution!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

There was a time when immigrants (of which I'm from) wanted to assimilate into American culture. Those days have long since gone...

Wife and I went back to visit for a wedding, and within 2 hours we couldn't wait to get back home to Dallas.

I was born and raised in CA, since 1971, and I also hate what the state has become.

2W2X1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2017
    North SA
    That money could be spent helping homeless vets who are more deserving than the gang bangers. So glad to be leaving CA for good. Read the article earlier and it made my stomach turn.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    In my experience, the immigrants in CA do want to assimilate and become part of the American culture. They want more for their children. The problem is their kids don't share the same views. The "Dreamers" if you will. They have no concept of the difficulties of the country their family fled, and they grow up going to liberal institutions that tell them that they deserve more and that they're oppressed in America...and they actually believe it. It's very rare that you see first generation Mexicans at these rallies because they're too busy working trying to provide their kids an education at places that give them the day off to protest. Just my $0.02.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My wife is half Mexican and half Italian, all relatives are living in CA.

The Mexican side of her family - here legally - absolutely hates illegal Mexican immigrants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom