• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    haha
    from what i hear drinking goes hand in hand with this one ;)

we need a drinkin/drunk emoticon

eat-drink-smiley-5160.gif
    eat-drink-smiley-7821.gif
    eat-drink-smiley-5170.gif
    eat-drink-smiley-7834.gif
    vomit-smiley-31.gif
    vomit-smiley-9530.gif
    Lynx Defense

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    And let's see a pro-racer hang with Tiger at the Master's. That's a two way street. Just because an athlete couldn't preform competitively in another sport doesn't mean their own sport is less difficult.

Which sport of these two sports do you think takes more time, effort, and practice to become a world class competitor in?

Collectively racing has far more effort than just about any sport, from the car, to the staff, to the design, to the driver.

It's not just one guy hitting a ball and a caddy carrying the clubs and offering advice. It's everything from tire guys to race engineers to multi-million dollar wind tunnel facilities.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Hockey is the most fun I've ever had playing a team sport. Handball (not team handball) was the most complete full body workout I've experienced in any sport.

Englishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    I believe Hemmingway stated "The only true sports are motor racing, mountaineering and bull fighting. All the rest are games."
    If it cant kill ya, its not a sport.

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Collectively racing has far more effort than just about any sport, from the car, to the staff, to the design, to the driver.

It's not just one guy hitting a ball and a caddy carrying the clubs and offering advice. It's everything from tire guys to race engineers to multi-million dollar wind tunnel facilities.

This study was about individual athletes though, not collective efforts.

ETA: Just looked at the rankings again. Racing is ranked highest is NER which I'm guessing is reflexes, as in nervous system. Speed looks like it represents sprinting.

wendyZXZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    China Spring
    Not sure about which is the toughest, but I do know that synchronized swimming can be very dangerous...

if one drowns they all have to drown.

I know, that is a real groaner. LOL

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    And bullriding should be above volleyball. You know how they say, if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all? Well, I think I'm going to take that advice here. Ok, maybe not...this thing is BS. LOL

Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    And bullriding should be above volleyball. You know how they say, if you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all? Well, I think I'm going to take that advice here. Ok, maybe not...this thing is BS. LOL
    it's not ranking by danger. >8 seconds of holding on (albeit difficult) does not require more than a volleyball player. I am not diminishing the sport of bullriding, but comparatively speaking, in terms of physical exertion, Volleyball is tougher.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    it's not ranking by danger. >8 seconds of holding on (albeit difficult) does not require more than a volleyball player. I am not diminishing the sport of bullriding, but comparatively speaking, in terms of physical exertion, Volleyball is tougher.

I see there is no measurement of danger in this thing. LOL. Im basing my statement on the fact that in volleyball theres intermittent exertions, in bullriding, its 110% effort 100% of the time.

Their endurance rating is off. They gave bulldogging a rating of 4.0 and bullriding a 3.25. Not only does the average pro bulldogger not wrestle the steer for 8 seconds, they're not exerting the same amount of energy in the time theyre wrestling the steer. They even put roping above bullriding. No way. And golf over cheerleading. Come on now. Really?

Top Bottom