APOD Firearms

And you thought getting ammunition and guns was difficult....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Worth it, especially for the memory. I'm surprised at how expensive it is for those specs, tho. I bought a Chrome book with 8GB of ram for $400 back in Feb. It's stupid fast running anything made for Chrome, plus it runs any Linux program fine, too. Kdenlive struggles a bit :laughing:
    I just have this "thing" about all things google/chrome and will pay more not to have to deal with their intrusive bs anymore than I have to. But yes... the Chrome book are significantly less expensive.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I just have this "thing" about all things google/chrome and will pay more not to have to deal with their intrusive bs anymore than I have to. But yes... the Chrome book are significantly less expensive.
    Put Linux or Windows or whatever you want on it. The hardware is basically the same.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    As a future buyer, can one of yall explain why?

The home version has less features and less control over things you can adjust/do. My work laptop has the pro version on it. I got an ASUS laptop with the home version and quickly hated it. Paid the $100 upgrade fee from Microsoft and it downloaded / unlocked the other parts and it is as it should be.

Did the same with my wife’s new HP laptop this year.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Put Linux or Windows or whatever you want on it. The hardware is basically the same.
    So I thought "hey, that's not a bad idea!"

Went back and started looking at chrome books n' such and found out I was w... wwwrrr....wrrrooo.....wroooooonnn... Incorrect!

Similar hardware platforms are with in 50 bucks windows/chrome. And if I found identical hardware platforms the prices would like have been identical.

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    So I thought "hey, that's not a bad idea!"

Went back and started looking at chrome books n' such and found out I was w... wwwrrr....wrrrooo.....wroooooonnn... Incorrect!

Similar hardware platforms are with in 50 bucks windows/chrome. And if I found identical hardware platforms the prices would like have been identical.

That's correct. Samsung etc pays the same for the same hardware in a build, so the only substantive difference would be software (probably the 50 bucks) and any marketing/positioning adders they can get away with.

Top Bottom