Anderson Manufacturing Stripped Lower Receivers - Any Good?

Lost Spurs

Sep 24, 2011
BCS
They're ok, goid for the price. I wouldn't make one an SBR, or use one in a build i plan on defending myself with

I've seen more than a few that were just incomplete, no detent holes, one had the BHO rollpin hole closed up on one side, one had the trigger pins mislocated, another had a safety detent spring hole that was a bit off, enough to cause binding.

Just because something comes from the same place, doesn't mean its made to the same specifications
Challenge accepted on a SBR out of a poverty pony. My super shorty 556 is just such a gun.

Some guys would not make a SBR out of a century clone either.

The other one is a spikes in 300blk with a can under the handguard.

I probably had (boating accident) a couple other SBR and SBS builds on un-conventional hosts. I have a vintage browning A5 that is fixing to get the saw at one point.
454c8fb48c77b254b14a39182197c9eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Attachments

smittyb

Well-Known
Nov 12, 2009
Cut N Shoot
Challenge accepted on a SBR out of a poverty pony. My super shorty 556 is just such a gun.

I probably had (boating accident) a couple other SBR and SBS builds on un-conventional hosts. I have a vintage browning A5 that is fixing to get the saw at one point. View attachment 222549

Didn’t you hear they are junk, and it will surely fall apart and blow off your hand any time now!!

Lost Spurs

Sep 24, 2011
BCS
Anderson. Keyhole casting mark = Cerro forge poured the juice into a lower.

Daniel Defense... keyhole casting mark... you be the judge.

Mike_from_Texas

Feb 10, 2010
North Texas

I probably had (boating accident) a couple other SBR and SBS builds on un-conventional hosts. I have a vintage browning A5 that is fixing to get the saw at one point. View attachment 222549

Same here. This one is built on an Anderson lower. And it’s a 2 stamper.

9b710e0ef591b358f4d4cd93e08bba3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

navysooner

Jan 19, 2014
Ft. Worth
They can be out of spec, but Anderson will replace them if they are. I have one I can’t put drop I’m trigger packs, but geissele triggers work just fine. They work as any other lower.
Buuuut with the price they are after shipping and ffl fees I’ve seen plenty of stores at least around me with Aero lowers in stock for the same price as buying an Anderson online, shipping it, and paying FFL fees.

people that bitch to much about Anderson stripped lowers paid to much back in 2015 and couldn’t sell them off for the prices they paid. Or they are trying explain paying to much for another companies over priced stripped lower.

V-Tach

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Sep 30, 2012
Rockport
I have sold a boat load of Anderson lowers over the years, and yes...have a couple of Anderson personal built lowers on rifles in the collection.....not one complaint..........

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member