Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is anybody here using an Android device to access TGT via a web browser?

I've just had (I think) an update to my phone and I can no longer post properly. Clicking in a reply field does not bring up a keyboard. Clicking "Reply" at the bottom of post does not display the quoted text in the reply field YET if I then hit the post button, a reply will post with the quote shown.

Since I tend to spend about half my time on TGT via my phone, this is a bit frustrating.

Anybody else get caught by this? Or am I the only one...which would mean it wasn't the update and I need to be looking for the problem elsewhere.

TIA for any help.
    Texas SOT

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks, Cam. I was afraid of that. If a few more folks reply the same way, that means I'm going to have to dig a lot deeper to figure out the problem.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Do not use Android but briefly had a similar problem here earlier this week with Chrome on a Win 11 box.

Chalked it up to a particular long and intermittent latency for some reason, verified by doing a traceroute via command line.

ETA: fairly sure it was a server problem, but no longer happening?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Yep. Had issues for a while on my Android/Firefox. Most of the editing features were broke and I could no longer paste a copied image. Had to save it as a file and insert it. Not 100% sure what fixed it. Believe it was an update to Firefox.
    Now I have the Auto Cap feature, which is equally annoying.
    But usable.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Yep. Had issues for a while on my Android/Firefox. Most of the editing features were broke and I could no longer paste a copied image. Had to save it as a file and insert it. Not 100% sure what fixed it. Believe it was an update to Firefox.
    Now I have the Auto Cap feature, which is equally annoying.
    But usable.
    Thanks, Cam. I was afraid of that. If a few more folks reply the same way, that means I'm going to have to dig a lot deeper to figure out the problem.
    Seems to work for me

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    No problem while using the Chrome browser. Try clearing the cache on the browser. If that fails delete data but be prepared to insert passwords.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

I've just had (I think) an update to my phone and I can no longer post properly. Clicking in a reply field does not bring up a keyboard. Clicking "Reply" at the bottom of post does not display the quoted text in the reply field YET if I then hit the post button, a reply will post with the quote shown.

Since I tend to spend about half my time on TGT via my phone, this is a bit frustrating.

Anybody else get caught by this? Or am I the only one...which would mean it wasn't the update and I need to be looking for the problem elsewhere.

TIA for any help.
    All 5 of my Android devices access through the web properly.

joking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2015
    Houston

TIA for any help.
    No problem here. Typing this reply from Chrome browser on my Samsung phone.

You can try to clear the browser cache to see if it fix the problem.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    No issues last time I posted on TGT via my phone. I have Android. I had similar issues on another site, turned my phone off and back on and it worked okay after that reboot.
    Exactly sometimes if it isn't working correctly a simple restart can fix it. Same as my Alexa devices.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Which web browser are you using?
    Chrome
    No issues last time I posted on TGT via my phone. I have Android. I had similar issues on another site, turned my phone off and back on and it worked okay after that reboot.
    The problem started right after I did that. :)

And yes, I did it again. No help.

From gll - "Posting in DuckDuckGo browser works fine."

Funnily enough, I can see my typing in DFG, but I can't do a simple reply and have it automatically quote the post I'm replying to.

Top Bottom