• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sm000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I'm aware of the Texas 3006 android app, but wouldn't it be easier if there was an app that recognizes businesses that support and allow CC & OC? If I needed something, I would search that app first and find out my options, versus wading through the thousands upon thousands that don't allow, or haven't been registered yet. And... I think businesses would like to see their name on that list, as opposed to seeing their name along with other thousands that don't support.
    Does anyone know of an app like that?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ummmm...isn't it easier to list the number of businesses that prohibit it, since that number is vastly smaller than the number that allow it?

But, to answer your question, I don't think such an app exists...nor will it. I'd rather know where I can't go, so I know I can go everywhere else!

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I don't think app exists. But I would certainly download and follow it of one did. A "I specifically am not remaining neutral and 100% support the 2A" app would be awesome.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

sm000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Ummm....wouldn't it be easier to list less instead of more? There's more that don't let you, versus that does.

Anyway...I think I'm going to create one. So it will exist.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ummm....wouldn't it be easier to list less instead of more? There's more that don't let you, versus that does.

Huh? The are far more businesses that don't display 30.06/30.07 signs than do! How you get your "list less instead of more" logic is beyond me. Based on using the Texas 30.06 app, I would estimate that less than 1% of all businesses have any signage posted. So 99+% don't, and your app is going to show them all?!?

Good luck with that app, I just don't think it will be more useful than the one Texas 30.06 has already provided; and since theirs is free, I hope you aren't expecting to make any money of it either!

sm000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Man I don't know where you live, but it's the other way around where I live. There's far more businesses here that display 30.06/30.07/ than allow it.
    Think of how many businesses that physically display it, but people haven't reported it yet...lol

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Seriously? Where exactly do you live? Austin? Even then I'm doubtful, as I was just up there a few weeks ago and didn't notice that many signs...

And you need to look at the amount of businesses in most large cities. I was just in downtown San Antonio yesterday, and while there were some 30.06/30.07 notifications I was getting from the Texas3006 app; the vast majority of businesses don't have any.

By knock yourself out, I just don't think it'd be worth the time or trouble given that there's already an app that tells us where we can't carry. Logic dictates that everywhere else would be fair game...

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    I don't think app exists. But I would certainly download and follow it of one did. A "I specifically am not remaining neutral and 100% support the 2A" app would be awesome.

Yep. I would be cool if some of the pro gun groups got a list of truly pro gun business.

Concealed-Carry-Sign-NHE-16347_300.gif

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Yep. I would be cool if some of the pro gun groups got a list of truly pro gun business.

Concealed-Carry-Sign-NHE-16347_300.gif

My bank has one, although it's kind of a home made type thing. They went out and bought a
    Notice
    Guns prohibited on these premises sign with a big gunbuster picture in the middle.

Then they went in and peeled off the letters that spelled prohibited and peeled off the line that crossed out the beretta. Mentally you're almost conditioned to seeing that sign and thinking it's another gunbuster sign, but what it really says is, Notice. Guns on these premises.

sm000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    That's awesome. That makes me want to move my money there. All $14 dollars of it...lol

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I don't get out that much, but I have yet to see a 30.06 or 30.07 sign anywhere. Of course, I haven't been to HEB lately. Maybe I'll drive by just to say I've seen one.

sm000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Their popping up slowly but surely. I'm seeing businesses that use to allow CC, but didn't want to OC. Now they went on and had the 30.06 sign made along with the 30.07. I live in the southeast region. And I'm seeing them at most gas stations and restaurants where we go.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I've seen quite a few. My favorite pizza place posted. I called and asked why. He apologized and said he had someone drop their gun in the place and it freaked everyone out. Said I can ignore signs... I thought, so can criminals.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    I have emailed the developers of the iPhone app and they are working on this part of the app as a feature of the next possible roll out of their software. I did this a month or so ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Im in the "there are way more places that dont post than do" category. Id eat up all my data trying to view all the places that dont post! Spent 5 hrs shopping with the wife yesterday ( ) and didnt once have to disarm or even worry about 30.07 and we hit a TON of stores. The only bright side to the whole ordeal was i did order a belt and holster from a local shop that does custom leather work!

The only places ive noticed that posted are the mall (been posted several years do to someone who thought it would be a good idea to carry an AR around in a crowded mall) and gas stations. Other than those two places and HEB, ive yet to see a sign posted.

I dont worry about it anyway. If i get there and they are posted, i just go to their competition right down the street.

Good luck on your venture though. Im sure there will be some folks who download the app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom