• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenj8172

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Houston
    I am interested in ankle carry, but I almost exclusively wear cowboy boots. I am thinking about getting a holster sewn on the inside of my next pair, but I'm concerned about the top of the boot being floppy from the weight. Tell me what you guys think! Suggestions welcome!
    Gun Zone Deals

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Forget about ankle carry. It aint practical at all, and the most uncomfortable place I ever did carry a gun. just think about how hard it's going to be to pull that pistol from you boot. Pull up pant leg, raise ankle to height that you can draw while standing on one leg during a high stress moment.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    ...but I'm concerned about the top of the boot being floppy from the weight.

The boots definitely do not have the strength or rigidity to hold the weight of a handgun. On top of that, when you walk, boots rub your legs...just thing about now, a gun rubbing your leg as the boot moves. Ouch.

Before you buy an ankle holster, I suggest you rig something up for a temporary test, with the gun strapped to your leg, and walk around in your boots. I wear boots often, and when I tried ankle carry inside my boots, it was miserably incomfortable, even painful. And what was previously mentioned about the time and effort it takes to actually draw the weapon is definitely true.

DABUG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Carry With Boots

I knew a fellow that was in Boots all the time, We talked about Carrying, And he pulled up his pant leg, and there was a .38 Derringer on the outside of his Boot, He had 2 female snaps sewed on the outside of the boot and 2 Male snaps epoxed to the Gun, No rubbing, no Holster to worry about.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    A derringer, or NAA .22 revolver would be about the only fire arms I would ever consider wearing in an ankle holster AS A BACKUP. DABUG.. your friend is a genius :)

Top Bottom