TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Saw it last night:

SciFi

Cast is mostly women

Summary: The movie Alien, taking place on earth in the not to distant future as they are using M4's.

Overall a good plot. Some from outer space crashes into a lighthouse on the coast. Around it there is a wall called the "shimmer" that has been growing in size for over 3 years. EVERYTHING and EVERYONE that has been sent in to find out what is on the other side of the wall has never came back. When you pass then the wall you cannot contact the outside.

Interesting movie, worth you time if you enjoy SciFi. More realistic than outlandish, wife enjoyed it, does keep your attention, you think and spend time trying to figure out and never do till the end. Its WEIRD, kinda like Austin, in a good way.

4 stars, worth the $5.99 rental on iTunes, worth your time.
    Capitol Armory ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

No. The main lady screws too different guys. One isn't her husband. It's never explained in the movie.

The search team is a bunch of women. Ones a bit buttery and thick.

After watching myself. I couldn't figure what the hell was going on. It's a mix of First Contact and The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I just watched it today and to me I would save my 2.00 from Red Box and get 2 hours of my life back lol.

It was not bad it was different just not my thing I guess.

I also picked up Red Sparrow and it put me to sleep lol.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The one that got eaten by the retarded color me Elmo brown looking bear. Tore half her head up....

I liked her style. She was my favorite. Miss Buttery special forces. That one.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I watched this movie and by the end (well before that but I was hoping it would straighten out) I didn’t understand anything about what it was trying to say. I didn’t care about any of the characters and had no clue what message or themes if any there were in the film. It was disjointed and nonsensical.

Coworker had recommended it to husband and said it was “really good.” Not so much.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I watched this movie and by the end (well before that but I was hoping it would straighten out) I didn’t understand anything about what it was trying to say. I didn’t care about any of the characters and had no clue what message or themes if any there were in the film. It was disjointed and nonsensical.

Coworker had recommended it to husband and said it was “really good.” Not so much.
    Interesting as my wife and I followed it. There were a few things I found a bit hazy but wife and I would talk and it became clear. The movie does require a high focus level, you can't drift away or you burnt on the who, what, when, why.

I thought the 2 sex scenes between her and the black guy were nothing by a tip of the hat to social statements, black man white woman and black man is so attractive to her she has to turn to him over her white husband. That and the all woman squad they sent in, woman doing man's job, anyone other than me note the SIZE of the rather large back packs, having worn one most of my adult life, the size of it tells me it's a 100 lb load. Just another social statement.

Last edited:

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Maybe their backpacks were filled with warm fuzzies and sweet thoughts? Take up a lot of space without much weight.

Been curious about this movie, as the book series it's based on sounds really good.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Interesting as my wife and I followed it. There were a few things I found a bit hazy but wife and I would talk and it became clear. The movie does require a high focus level, you can't drift away or you burnt on the who, what, when, why.

I thought the 2 sex scenes between her and the black guy were nothing by a tip of the hat to social statements, black man white woman and black man is so attractive to her she has to turn to him over her white husband. That and the all woman squad they sent in, woman doing man's job, anyone other than me note the SIZE of the rather large back packs, having worn one most of my adult life, the size of it tells me it's a 100 lb load. Just another social statement.

I’ll admit that I lost interest early and zoned in and out. Maybe that was my issue.

Top Bottom