Lynx Defense

Annnnnnd Dallas County just got themselves an MRAP!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The Sheriff is a she. Lupe Valdez. I never said it was scary. You keep making assumptions. I said what need do they have?

You made the assertion the police were outgunned in Dallas. They are not. That sounds like the Media talking.

The media is the one who justifies this stuff because "police are outgunned" and civilians can't have "assault weapons" because "police are outgunned". You've parroted far more "liberal" talking points than I have.

You don't know anything about this area. You're just spouting off because of how you feel. Who does that sound like?

On the other hand, I am asking the government to please explain why they want to spend taxpayer dollars for the training and upkeep for this vehicle. If the police need it, fine. However, Dallas County is not rife with heavily armed criminals. Chances are taxpayers will be paying for this thing to sit in a garage somewhere.
    Pretty much every point in your post is incorrect. If you aren't afraid of them having it and it cost them nothing...what is your issue with it?
    Hurley's Gold

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Pretty much every point in your post is incorrect. If you aren't afraid of them having it and it cost them nothing...what is your issue with it?

Get specific. I know one thing that is fact that you can't dispute as opinion. Lupe Valdez is Sheriff. What else is incorrect?

It doesn't cost "nothing", maintaining those vehicles is not free. Storage, believe it or not, is not free. The initial purchase price may be $0 but there are plenty of other costs.

Or are you claiming the police ARE outgunned in Dallas? Because local crime stats sure don't reflect it and they don't report it on the nightly news. None of my buddies on the DPD are regularly saying "Damn, these criminals sure have us outgunned."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom