Guns International

Annnnnnd Dallas County just got themselves an MRAP!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Are the thugs in Dallas Texas really that hardcore? Seems like a little over kill to me. But then again, what the hell do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Seems like a silly idea to me also...... I mean the meth freaks, real or wannabe terrorists, organized bank robbers and mentally ill anti-government combatants ALWAYS play fair and only use .25 caliber Saturday night specials if they use weapons at all.

What a waste of tax dollars!

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Sounds about right. Dallas County handles the rural areas around Dallas, and those areas are shrinking as suburbs continue to grow.

Seems like an odd use of funds while their overall mission is getting smaller, but also par for the course for Dallas County. One of the worst Sheriff's Offices I've ever seen.

FunnyFarm

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    Meh, it's nothing more than a heavy duty vehicle. It not like they've mounted a m60 on top. The waste of tax payer dollars occurred when the federal government bought it, Dallas County didn't pay anything for it, according to what the article said. So if Dallas County wants to roll up in this (an already paid for vehicle that would normally rot in a warehouse) to serve a warrant rather than a new van that the taxpayers have to buy. I'm good.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Didn't this department have some media covered budget issues a few years ago? So now suddenly they are buying military vehicles and equipment? Interesting how we constantly hear how they are broke, need budget cuts, can't afford ammo but then buy this stuff.

Blayglock

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    At least they didn't spend anything on it and waste Dallas tax money.

It is worrisome however, the militarization of the domestic police doesn't bode well for civil liberties.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    At least they didn't spend anything on it and waste Dallas tax money.

It is worrisome however, the militarization of the domestic police doesn't bode well for civil liberties.

Maintenance, repairs, storage, consumables on that vehicle? I would like to see total dollars spent per year on that wasteful spending.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Maintenance, repairs, storage, consumables on that vehicle? I would like to see total dollars spent per year on that wasteful spending.

Yep, that's the problem with government surplus. The vehicle may be free, but nothing else about it will be.

I imagine maintenance, fuel, etc. on an armored vehicle will be somewhat greater than a police cruiser. I don't see how Dallas County needs one of these. What the hell kind of warrants are they serving?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I haven't posted much in awhile regarding the militarization of our civilian police.

Dallas County Now Has Its Very Own Bulletproof, "Mine-Protected" Military SUV

Is this really what we want?

The Sheriff's office says it will help them serve warrants. I'm sure it will. It would also help them if we just all wore a shock collar.

Unreal folks. What's next? Combat Engineer Vehicles?

How does this affect you? How does it compare to a shock collar for everyone? Why do you NOT want the police protected?

jealous you cant afford the cool stuff? Your insistent complaining about this and general attitude towards the police makes it seem to me that you are like others who feel some perceived wrong by the police. For example, folks who have been rejected by a LE agency tend to get twisted up like it appears you are. Same with some who feel they got a bad deal once with LE.

It grows old, man. I am sure you are a good dude and all, but you are starting to seem wacky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom