• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I know a lot of people trash talk the Taurus brand, but honestly, I have never had any problems with any of the ones I have owned. I bought my first Taurus revolver back in 1986 IIRC. A Model 66 in 357.

I've got (had) 2 Rossi's. One was a circuit judge, because I've been a sucker for revolver style rifles or shotguns ever since I was some at the Texas Ranger Museum years ago. The other was a black friday 3" all steel 357 pistol that was a great pistol with no issues at all, right up until the recall. Now Taurus has been sitting on it for over 9 months and they say they'll send me a replacement (eventually) Taurus, not 3" 357 as a replacement because they can't fix the old one. They have no ETA due to the beer flu thing.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Now Taurus has been sitting on it for over 9 months and they say they'll send me a replacement (eventually) Taurus, not 3" 357 as a replacement because they can't fix the old one. They have no ETA due to the beer flu thing.

Don't accept any replacement that's not comparable to the one you sent in. I had to argue, escalate, and demand my original Rossi pistol back in order to keep them from replacing a full size six-shot .357 with a 4" barrel with a Taurus super-snubby 5 shot .357 with a 2" barrel. When they told me they couldn't return the original (supposedly it had already been destroyed) I said "Well, then, we have a problem because you've stolen my property without offering an acceptable replacement." After a few weeks of back and forth, I wound up with a Taurus that's virtually indistinguishible from the Rossi I sent in for "repair".

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    SAS,

Not disputing your experience, but what makes you think you have to converse with folks you'd never socialize with?

When I encounter folks like this, I simply ignore them.

They soon catch on and drift away......

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Don't accept any replacement that's not comparable to the one you sent in. I had to argue, escalate, and demand my original Rossi pistol back in order to keep them from replacing a full size six-shot .357 with a 4" barrel with a Taurus super-snubby 5 shot .357 with a 2" barrel. When they told me they couldn't return the original (supposedly it had already been destroyed) I said "Well, then, we have a problem because you've stolen my property without offering an acceptable replacement." After a few weeks of back and forth, I wound up with a Taurus that's virtually indistinguishible from the Rossi I sent in for "repair".

When was this? I'm asking because I've looked through all of Taurus's current offerings, and they don't have anything that is close to what I sent in. If nothing similar is available, I'm not sure how they could magically produce one just for me.

I'll have to sleep on this. The replacement I get from Taurus (eventually) I should be able to sell for more money than I paid for the Rossi to begin with. And I'm not sure I want to fight that hard to get something from a company I'd just as soon not associate with anymore. I'm leaning towards cash out and move on at the moment.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    This was around November of last year, if i recall. After they had my gun for about six months without contacting me and I had to call them to get the status.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    The above posts are why I won't buy from them again.

I sold the replacement they sent for my problem child handgun and haven't looked at Taurus since.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2020
    Dripping Speings
    I recently visited a gun shop twice when trying to decide on what to buy. First time had an older employee somewhat show me a gun. Next visit he seemed more interested in pretending to be busy than showing me a couple other options.
    Left and went to a different shop. They didn’t have what I was looking for and were nice the entire time.
    Ended up ordering online and shipping to the second shop. Don't plan on returning to the first shop as they aren’t interested in my business.
    This was in Austin btw.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I recently visited a gun shop twice when trying to decide on what to buy. First time had an older employee somewhat show me a gun. Next visit he seemed more interested in pretending to be busy than showing me a couple other options.
    Left and went to a different shop. They didn’t have what I was looking for and were nice the entire time.
    Ended up ordering online and shipping to the second shop. Don't plan on returning to the first shop as they aren’t interested in my business.
    This was in Austin btw.

Austin is a weird place for Texas. It's basically San Fransisco in the middle of Texas. The City would have outlawed gun shops and guns if they thought they could get away with it.

I have my FFL stuff done through ATX armory, mainly because both of the ladies and the gentlemen that I've encountered there were super nice and helpful. I almost never buy guns from gunshops because even after shipping and FFL the price is still lower to buy online. So I buy online and pay the 20 or 30 dollar FFL fee.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    This was in Austin btw.
    Then never try Cash Pawn on Sherwood Way in San Angelo. On a whim, I got my entire paycheck in cash. I walked into Cash Pawn with $4200 looking for a new toy. They had a M-1 Garand on the rack so I looked around for a clerk. There were three clerks and only one customer - me. One was on their Iphone, one was reading the newspaper, and I think the third was asleep (dark shades indoors). I asked for some assistance twice and they continued doing their thing. I left and have never been back.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I'm not quite so demanding about the staff at a LGS. Sometimes they have young people working there who barely understand what's written on the price tag, but they at least try to help. But dishonesty will keep me out of their stores forever. A neighbor got a price on a pistol, then the LGS owner changed his mind and wouldn't honor the price. (It was a fair price, too.) I wave when I drive past that place, with one finger. A big LGS in Houston refused to honor a price in a newspaper ad. They don't get my business. I also overheard them telling a customer, "We don't carry Glocks. They're made of plastic and they just blow up! Complete junk!". Now, I knew they HAD sold Glocks before that, and a few months later they were selling them again. Someone told me that they had stopped selling them to try to get a better price from the wholesaler. Lying to customers is a very bad sign that you are eventually going to get screwed by these guys and the best thing to do is head for the exit and keep going.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm not quite so demanding about the staff at a LGS. Sometimes they have young people working there who barely understand what's written on the price tag, but they at least try to help. But dishonesty will keep me out of their stores forever. A neighbor got a price on a pistol, then the LGS owner changed his mind and wouldn't honor the price. (It was a fair price, too.) I wave when I drive past that place, with one finger. A big LGS in Houston refused to honor a price in a newspaper ad. They don't get my business. I also overheard them telling a customer, "We don't carry Glocks. They're made of plastic and they just blow up! Complete junk!". Now, I knew they HAD sold Glocks before that, and a few months later they were selling them again. Someone told me that they had stopped selling them to try to get a better price from the wholesaler. Lying to customers is a very bad sign that you are eventually going to get screwed by these guys and the best thing to do is head for the exit and keep going.

I don't mind and can forgive an honest mistake, but outright lying, I won't tolerate.

I won't abide poor service from any place I plan on spending money at.

Vote with the power of the wallet.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom