Anonymous Neighbor Needs Safe Space

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by TX OMFS, Feb 27, 2018.

1. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    If you had neighbor with a "Vote for Hillary" sign in the yard in 2016, look no further ...

2. dsgrey

dsgrey Active Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fannin County
    Funny. There's a private range about 2 miles from town and my town isn't but a mile wide anyway. I frequently hear gunfire and it does stress me out. Why can't I be at the range instead of doing something else!!!

TheEnglishman, oldag and Southpaw like this.
  3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Kind of reminds me of SeaTac airport between Seattle and Tacoma, Wa. The airport was built out in the middle of nowhere, and now there are homes and apartments all around it. I used to often see petitions online complaining about the noise from the airport trying to put a time on when airplanes should land and take off. I used to just laugh, they didn't see that giant airport when they were looking for a place to live?

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the fire.

4. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Similar situation around Austin Rifle Club (ARC) as well.

5. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've been wondering when y'all are going to have to look into baffling some ranges.

6. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Our range roofs have deep "eye brows" on them. I think they are dual purpose: 1, to keep people shooting level and not going over the burm, and 2, to baffle the noise. It sure is a lot louder shooting on the line now because some of that noise is directed back at ya.

You can see them on this page on one of the revolving photos:
    https://austinrifleclub.org/

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    deemus likes this.
  7. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    Houston added their first east/west runway a few years back. They run 24/7 and could care less about the people who bought land that was not along a runway.

8. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Remember that I mean no offense. I love y'alls club. I've been treated marvelously every time I've been there.

But I have to point out that those eyebrows are a totally ghetto substitute for real baffling. They make the line louder and set both upper and lower limits for the height above ground from which a shot may be fired. But it's relatively cheap. The cost of fully baffling a 200 meter rifle range would bankrupt most clubs who would be forced to relocate rather than remodel. Thus, I can understand why the eyebrows are used; I just don't like 'em.

9. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    No offense taken, wasn't my idea and I don't like them

10. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've got neighbors that shoot in the area. Sometimes all day long.

Usually makes me think I should get off my butt and go shooting.

Had one guy say we were scaring the deer away from his feeder. He watched them but didn't hunt. He made that claim when deer were coming to get water from the tank on our property. My berm is built in to the side of said tank.

The best way to avoid being ducked with by the neighbors is to not dick with them. I continued to shoot as usual and the guy got over it. Had he tried to push the issue he would have gotten no where and I would probably have done some extra shooting, and maybe even played with some tannerite.

If you are someone who wants to tell your neighbors what they can do, move to an HOA so everyone can be miserable together.