• ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    A nightmare for both parties.
    The thought of a bullet leaving my property and harming someone gives me chills.
    Something I always fear also when shooting on the family's property. We are safe and have an entire side of a hill for a back stop. And several thousand yards behind that before a county road exists. I frequently look at Ariel maps to see whats going on beyond that.
    The neighbors out there all shoot and hunt too, never had a problem yet and I pray for everyones sake it stays that way.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not too long after I bought my property I was out shooting on it with the wife and a guy on a four wheeler rides up to the gate and hollers over to us. I go over to him happy to meet one of the new neighbors, but this guy is pissed that we woke him up from his afternoon nap. He starts talking about how it's the country and everyone likes to shoot, but not just constantly blasting away, yada yada... I don't want to be inconsiderate so I asked him, "When's a good time for me to shoot?"
    He replies, "well... anytime is a good time to shoot."
    I kinda laughed at that and said, "ok, thanks." He left still pissed off.

BTW, my immediate neighbors all have 300+ acre ranches. This guy that came to complain lives about a mile and a half away...

A few months later I was out shooting my AK, and really ripping through the mags like I like to do with it. Not long after I packed it back up was just hanging out on the porch a deputy comes by. He says he got a call about fully automatic fire (I'm guessing from my sleepy neighbor). I told him no, it's just a fast finger. We BS'ed for a bit and I let him know that I shoot out here two or three times a month so they can expect to hear gunfire.

Haven't been bothered since (knocks on wood).

Reactions: MTA
    Top Bottom