• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peabody304

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    I'm another new guy on this forum and like several others, I'm in the Austin area. And like a lot of you, I've been shooting all my life. I'm retired from the US Army, but, unfortunately, not really retired (yet).

Rather than list the guns I have, I'll tell you the most recent addition to my collection. I just bought a Springfield XD9 Service and I love it. I'm really like the way it handles and shoots.

If you're interested, I found a link to this forum on the Texas Gun Trader web site.

-peabody304
    Guns International

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Welcome from west Austin!

I also have a xd-9... I purchased my first xd-9 service 9mm right when they hit the shelves... I have shot a ton of glocks in my day and once i shot the xd-9 i was in love the ergonomics just fit my hand and feel great.. it doesnt hammer you like the glocks can.

So after two years of that pistol I got another one this time the xd-9 v-10 ported.. Love it.. kicks like a p-22.. it takes some getting use to though.

So after awhile i realized you can only fire 1 pistol at one time... and I sold my first one..

So good luck with it!!! break in those mags a little!

Jeremy

peabody304

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    So after awhile i realized you can only fire 1 pistol at one time... and I sold my first one..
    I have a hard time parting with things.

I rented a XD9 from Red's and shot it before I bought mine. I was having a crisis of confidence about my shooting ability (a story for another time) but when the first shot out of the rental XD went exactly where I wanted it to, I was sold.

Bought mine a few days later and ran 350 rounds through it on the first trip to the range. I like it.

-peabody304

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Recently in Austin, shooting at the Lone Star range this side of Lockhart. Also some competition in and around San Antonio.

Top Bottom