• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peabody304

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    I'm another new guy on this forum and like several others, I'm in the Austin area. And like a lot of you, I've been shooting all my life. I'm retired from the US Army, but, unfortunately, not really retired (yet).

Rather than list the guns I have, I'll tell you the most recent addition to my collection. I just bought a Springfield XD9 Service and I love it. I'm really like the way it handles and shoots.

If you're interested, I found a link to this forum on the Texas Gun Trader web site.

-peabody304
    ARJ Defense ad

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Welcome from west Austin!

I also have a xd-9... I purchased my first xd-9 service 9mm right when they hit the shelves... I have shot a ton of glocks in my day and once i shot the xd-9 i was in love the ergonomics just fit my hand and feel great.. it doesnt hammer you like the glocks can.

So after two years of that pistol I got another one this time the xd-9 v-10 ported.. Love it.. kicks like a p-22.. it takes some getting use to though.

So after awhile i realized you can only fire 1 pistol at one time... and I sold my first one..

So good luck with it!!! break in those mags a little!

Jeremy

peabody304

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    So after awhile i realized you can only fire 1 pistol at one time... and I sold my first one..
    I have a hard time parting with things.

I rented a XD9 from Red's and shot it before I bought mine. I was having a crisis of confidence about my shooting ability (a story for another time) but when the first shot out of the rental XD went exactly where I wanted it to, I was sold.

Bought mine a few days later and ran 350 rounds through it on the first trip to the range. I like it.

-peabody304

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Recently in Austin, shooting at the Lone Star range this side of Lockhart. Also some competition in and around San Antonio.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom