• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlively

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2016
    Spring Branch TX
    Started out for Cedar Ridge range this morning and got there before they opened. We decided to give Dietz a try. We haven't been there in a year since the last bad experience. Paid and started out for the pistol range. The range nazi started being an ass as soon as we got there. In the shop the rules are specified but he decided to make his own rules. No drawing from holster, ok, I can deal with that. I couldn't carry my gun to the line in the holster. It had to be slide locked back. Well, ok, ridiculous, but ok. Then he started his stupid BS. Not allowed to have more than two magazines on the line. WTF ??? I already paid so I wasn't going to argue, I just wanted to shoot. The final straw was when he came on the line and told me EXACTLY where to stand, which was off center of the target. What an idiot !!! I packed up and left and headed over to Cedar Ridge. I should have known better. I will NEVER set foot in that rat hole again !!!
    Texas SOT

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That sucks. I haven't been there in perhaps 20 years and, back then, it was nothing but happy memories. Sorry to hear about the change.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Yeah, they have some lame ass rules there.
    I can understand the locked back slide thing. They don't want loaded weapons behind shooters further up on the line.
    The No More Than Two Mags On The Line is just retarded.
    Never had them order me where to stand tho.
    Remember they do not know you. They deal with the Dumbass Public so they're gonna err on the side of safety.

I HAVE had issues at Cedar Ridge.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I've never had an issue at cedar ridge. But then it's been over 10 years since I've been there. Just moved back to Texas. Don't like the fact that he is cash only

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I had a great experience at Cedar Ridge a couple weeks ago. (Half way expecting not to based on reviews)
    Slow day, just one other shooter on the range.

I actually prefer cash only - there's enough gov tracking of my credit card already. Trouble is, cash only businesses run a real risk from the IRS.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    A couple of my favorite restaurants in years past were cash only. One lasted almost 10 years, the other almost 2 before running into IRS trouble (jail on the 10 year one).

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OT Warning

A couple of my favorite restaurants in years past were cash only. One lasted almost 10 years, the other almost 2 before running into IRS trouble (jail on the 10 year one).
    Structuring is serious business but it's very rare for that to be the only problem. I'd be shocked if the jail time was purely for structuring.

Advice 1 - If you have a legitimate cash business that regularly deposits a little less than $10K (or another amount determined under limited authority delegated to the local U.S. Attorney), then don't make just those deposits. On a regular basis, combine deposits to a larger amount, make the big deposit, and let the currency transaction be reported. The presence of frequent reports blows away the government's case for intent.

Advice 2 - If you have an illegitimate cash business, quit breaking the law.

As an aside, I've never seen an independent restaurant that didn't skim the register but you have to get really greedy about it to get caught.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I don't like cash only places so much because I rarely have cash on me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Started out for Cedar Ridge range this morning and got there before they opened. We decided to give Dietz a try. We haven't been there in a year since the last bad experience. Paid and started out for the pistol range. The range nazi started being an ass as soon as we got there. In the shop the rules are specified but he decided to make his own rules. No drawing from holster, ok, I can deal with that. I couldn't carry my gun to the line in the holster. It had to be slide locked back. Well, ok, ridiculous, but ok. Then he started his stupid BS. Not allowed to have more than two magazines on the line. WTF ??? I already paid so I wasn't going to argue, I just wanted to shoot. The final straw was when he came on the line and told me EXACTLY where to stand, which was off center of the target. What an idiot !!! I packed up and left and headed over to Cedar Ridge. I should have known better. I will NEVER set foot in that rat hole again !!!

That sounds bad, and completely utterly unenjoyable.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Had a nice experience at Sportsman's Outlet in Humble. I usually get in and get out. I know why I'm there and how much ammo I intend to fire. Like most I expect everything to go well. My gun has already been inspected and is ready to go. So I go in bang bang, had a good time and I'm back at the counter to pay. I also like paying after services are rendered. And the bill is way less than expected. So low I ask if we forgot to add everything up. No, I'm told. You get a discount for spending less than 1/2 an hour. Very nice.
    Walked into High Noon in Crosby one Friday with the wife, got half price range fees cause Friday is couples day. Nice thing, shoot more on Fridays now too.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Directions to Bandera Gun Club? Public allowed?
    Public allowed, you can join and it costs less per visit. I have the lifetime membership. It has rifle, pistol, trap, and skeet. Unfortunately the longest rifle is 100yds and i believe all the 100yds ranges are bench rest shooting only.

You can't shoot your tactical shotgun on the rifle or pistol ranges. Bird shot only on shoot fun ranges. You can fire into the ground on the shotgun ranges to test other loads. They are easy going and leave you alone.

It's in Bandera, TX but I live in Helotes so it's not too bad for me.

809 FM 1077, Bandera, TX 78003

Top Bottom