• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itsmekevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    Hi all!

Just moved to the Dallas area a couple of weeks ago from Southern California. I sold all of my California "roster" pistols before the move and picked up a non-CA legal CZ SP-01 Tactical last week. I have owned firearms since 2008, but have only been to the range a dozen times. That definitely needs to change! I mostly dry fire at home, but nothing beats range time. Can anyone recommend a good place to shoot steel around Dallas? Thank you!
    Guns International

justinbowser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Crowley, TX
    Welcome. I've been reading on calguns about all of the horrors gun owners in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia are having rammed up, er , places. If the prog pols keep up their crap the state will be easy pickins for invasion after all of the gun owners leave! Really a sad state of affairs when pols can violate their oath to defend the constitution and instead attack it with impunity.

itsmekevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    Thanks guys!

But yes, California gun laws are only getting worse. First, the 10 round limit and the mag lock on AR's and AK's, now they might be criminalizing the possession and ownership of 80% AR lowers (many Californians do this to build AR pistols). But yes, Texas gun laws are great so far! Taking my LTC course this coming weekend and can't wait to be able to legally carry concealed.

itsmekevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    Welcome to the TGT and Texas!
    I'm also a So. Cal. refugee, what area are you fleeing?

I fled Orange County, not too far from Riflegear in Fountain Valley. Housing prices are insane. We had a two bedroom apartment in a not-so-great neighborhood (even with gated parking they broke into our car and stole my catalytic converter) and the rent was about $1900 (after paying electric, water/trash, and internet cable). Although I grew up in California, I already feel at home here. Where did you escape from?

ChrisMo68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Hurst, TX
    Oh yeah, unless you can afford to live in South O.C. it can be a dangerous place. We were in Temecula. Used to be a bit of an oasis, but the liberal nuts have been slowly infiltrating and killing the quality. Been here almost 4 years and no way we are going except to visit family.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I fled Orange County, not too far from Riflegear in Fountain Valley. Housing prices are insane. We had a two bedroom apartment in a not-so-great neighborhood (even with gated parking they broke into our car and stole my catalytic converter) and the rent was about $1900 (after paying electric, water/trash, and internet cable). Although I grew up in California, I already feel at home here. Where did you escape from?
    welcome, north county SD transplant as of Feb.... North Ft Worth here.

lagging on my LTC. apparently I need some certified docs from Santa Clara County from the 90s.

Anyhow, welcome! This is definitely home!

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

Top Bottom