• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Welcome to Texas. One gun thing that you may miss. All the land in Texas is pretty much owned by someone. Not much public land that you can just shoot on. So ya gotta get permission around here before you set up a target.
    I'm in Houston so I can't help with a Range location. But I like the Dallas area and think you will be happy and welcome there.
    Target Sports

itsmekevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    welcome, north county SD transplant as of Feb.... North Ft Worth here.

lagging on my LTC. apparently I need some certified docs from Santa Clara County from the 90s.

Anyhow, welcome! This is definitely home!

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake

Thank you! Only thing I miss is the food and my family/friends back in California. Taking my LTC class this weekend. Already filled out my application online and also did my fingerprints. Hopefully, everything comes back kosher.

Welcome to Texas. One gun thing that you may miss. All the land in Texas is pretty much owned by someone. Not much public land that you can just shoot on. So ya gotta get permission around here before you set up a target.
    I'm in Houston so I can't help with a Range location. But I like the Dallas area and think you will be happy and welcome there.

Thanks for the heads up! We've been searching for outdoor ranges with steel targets and found a couple that aren't too far, however, going there frequently is too much $$.

These guys have a monthly knockdown steel match.

http://northtexasmultigun.com

There are others I'll try and post links when I have more time.

Welcome to America

Thank you! Will check it out.

Welcome Kevin, My Family and I moved here in 2007 from Temecula and love it here. That state is finished thanx to the Libtards and just needs to fall off into the ocean as far as I'm concerned. lol

Thank you. Unfortunately, I still have a lot of family members back in California. They love the weather there near the beach. They're also paying a premium for that (in $ and in lost freedoms).

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    san diego mexican food > LA/OC/IE mexican food

BUT dude from San Diego (el cajon) has opened 4 locations for you to get your fix. San Diego Taco Shop... I've only been to the NRH location but I'm sure they're all the same.

CA (especially socal) is still, hands down, one of the most beautiful places. But the sunshine tax ain't worth it anymore.

We're headed back to SD in AUG for the first time since JAN and i know my wife is going to say some. shit about family and the beach.

I'll just have to remind her of the house we'll be able to afford next year, and how her sister is struggling to afford to stay in her little shitdontstink community.

With 4 kids, I have a certain level of guilt for staying in CA as long as we did. Family of 6 stuffed in a 3BR 1400 sqft townhouse.

And who knew tornados were so much fun?

itsmekevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    I agree. I miss the selection of Vietnamese food in OC the most, but SD does have better Mexican food. Still haven't experienced tornados yet, but have seen the aftermath when I was a truck driver. I guess we traded earthquakes for tornados here. Still worth it. Orange County will always be my hometown, but I don't think we will ever move back unless I win the lottery AND gun legislation changes.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Howdy

Don't cuss my tex mex.
    i don't dialike tex-mex.

but growing up in socal... you develop a special place in your heart/stomach for the grizzled baja/tj street food.

as for Vietnamese food... haven't had any out here yet. I hear it's freaking amazing in Houston though. I'll probably grab some next time I'm down there...

tripham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2016
    Welcome. I moved from Southern Cal about 5 years ago. The first thing I did when I got to Tx was buy my first 1911. Definitely enjoy Texas!

itsmekevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    Howdy

Don't cuss my tex mex.

So far, loving the tex mex here. Also, the local gas station with a taqueria inside has some of the best lengua tacos I've ever had.

i don't dialike tex-mex.

but growing up in socal... you develop a special place in your heart/stomach for the grizzled baja/tj street food.

as for Vietnamese food... haven't had any out here yet. I hear it's freaking amazing in Houston though. I'll probably grab some next time I'm down there...

True that. There's a large population of Vietnamese people in Houston.

Welcome. I moved from Southern Cal about 5 years ago. The first thing I did when I got to Tx was buy my first 1911. Definitely enjoy Texas!

Thank you! I kind of did the same thing when I first moved here. Bought my first CZ pistol the first week. I'm a huge fan of 1911s and have always preferred them to polymer framed pistols, however, the CZ SP-01 holds 18+1 rounds of 9mm. Might be switching over to shooting CZ's primarily now. My wife prefers the 1911 over anything I've ever owned (mostly 1911's and Glocks so far).

itsmekevin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2016
    itsmekevin,

Do you have any idea if California refugees are leaving en masse or just a few folks here and there?

I think some people are relocating to the Dallas area because of all the new development and corporate offices that are expanding into the area.

Me too. But they are all Libtards so let them drown!! lol

That's cold blooded lol.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    There are over 12k jobs being added in the Frisco/Plano area from large companies like Toyota and liberty mutual moving in.

Over it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    I agree. I miss the selection of Vietnamese food in OC the most, but SD does have better Mexican food. Still haven't experienced tornados yet, but have seen the aftermath when I was a truck driver. I guess we traded earthquakes for tornados here. Still worth it. Orange County will always be my hometown, but I don't think we will ever move back unless I win the lottery AND gun legislation changes.

Cotixan is the best burrito in SD, hands down.

For Vietnamese, check out Garland, or as the cool kids say, Garland Grove!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I escaped SoCal as well.

Here's an authentic vietnamese place in Dallas...I should know, my mom's Vietnamese LOL
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/vietnam-restaurant-dallas

This place is good, too...right next to the gym I go to, so I can grab a bite after a workout.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/phò-envy-dallas

There's some other good places in Dallas, you just have to look.
    Not like SoCal where they're everywhere.

Haven't made it to Garland Grove (LOL) yet for vietnamese food, will have to check it out.

Top Bottom