• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I didn't make the rules, understand the intent but if one browsed the classifieds and found a listing that peaked their interest and not have the privilege to message the seller until a set count of posts then what is a fella do to?

See rule #10

"10) To participate in the classifieds forum at TGT you must have 25 quality posts or more. This rule was added to weed out scammers and gives TGT members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member before they decide whether or not to buy/sell/trade with you."
    Venture Surplus ad

crazysgt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    See rule #10

"10) To participate in the classifieds forum at TGT you must have 25 quality posts or more. This rule was added to weed out scammers and gives TGT members a chance to get a feel for you as a board member before they decide whether or not to buy/sell/trade with you."
    Or pay a $10 fee to bypass that rule correct?

crazysgt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    Will pm, replying by conversation automatically approve after the post requirements? The fee unlock the same automatically? I meant no harm with the postings, just simply following what I understood. One could also make the argument that simply paying a fee could be perceived as suspicious to by bypassing all posting requirements. I just wanted to reply to a member to purchase a few of his toys, figured I could then give him some credentials to verify to make the transaction comfortable for both parties. Thanks for the info.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Paying a fee puts you with some skin in the game.

I was busy for 45 minutes, came back and had 41 notifications of threads I was watching, to clear out, instead of maybe 10.

Now the first page of the Forum is basically old intro threads.

Just my perspective.

ETA: Also it's typically what individuals with something to sell do, then disappear.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Will pm, replying by conversation automatically approve after the post requirements? The fee unlock the same automatically? I meant no harm with the postings, just simply following what I understood. One could also make the argument that simply paying a fee could be perceived as suspicious to by bypassing all posting requirements. I just wanted to reply to a member to purchase a few of his toys, figured I could then give him some credentials to verify to make the transaction comfortable for both parties. Thanks for the info.

We've had a hell of a lot of new people join recently, and in the past, that just want to sell something or troll and cause problems. We're a fairly close knit group of people here and are overly suspicious of new members who rack up 25 or more post on their 1'st day or 2 just so they can sell something. All we ask is for new members to obey all the rules and don't harass anyone or cause problems.

With that said. You will see that a lot of us old members will give each other a hard time, but we don't get pissed at each other because we know when we are just joking around.

So hang around and once you get to know us, we are some of the best people you will ever meet.

crazysgt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    We've had a hell of a lot of new people join recently, and in the past, that just want to sell something or troll and cause problems. We're a fairly close knit group of people here and are overly suspicious of new members who rack up 25 or more post on their 1'st day or 2 just so they can sell something. All we ask is for new members to obey all the rules and don't harass anyone or cause problems.

With that said. You will see that a lot of us old members will give each other a hard time, but we don't get pissed at each other because we know when we are just joking around.

So hang around and once you get to know us, we are some of the best people you will ever meet.
    I have no doubt it's a good bunch of ppl, hell ya Texans! Not to mention God, our great country and of course guns. After 20+ yrs serving in the greatest military known, know all too well the giving each other a hard time. I appreciate ya explaining the previous issues and perception sometimes associated with them. Simply wanted to purchase a couple firearms at a decent price, somewhat local before they were sold all due to some posting limit. Nevertheless, u still cannot reply to his listing. Has a red lock by the reply to conversation, in addition to not having privilege even though post count is met. Kinda confusing.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have no doubt it's a good bunch of ppl, hell ya Texans! Not to mention God, our great country and of course guns. After 20+ yrs serving in the greatest military known, know all too well the giving each other a hard time. I appreciate ya explaining the previous issues and perception sometimes associated with them. Simply wanted to purchase a couple firearms at a decent price, somewhat local before they were sold all due to some posting limit. Nevertheless, u still cannot reply to his listing. Has a red lock by the reply to conversation, in addition to not having privilege even though post count is met. Kinda confusing.
    I reported your issue.
    Hopefully cleared up soon.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    u still cannot reply to his listing. Has a red lock by the reply to conversation, in addition to not having privilege even though post count is met.
    AFAIK, the elevation of privileges allowing PMs after a certain number of posts is a batch processing thing. It almost always happens after a few hours. I generally advise people that waiting overnight is indicated.

Try using PMs tomorrow and it should work for you. If not, come back to this post and hit the "Report" button then leave a short note reminding me of the issue. With that reminder, I'll work on getting it fixed. However, I don't think that will be necessary. I feel fairly sure that your PMs will be working tomorrow or later today.

crazysgt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2022
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    AFAIK, the elevation of privileges allowing PMs after a certain number of posts is a batch processing thing. It almost always happens after a few hours. I generally advise people that waiting overnight is indicated.

Try using PMs tomorrow and it should work for you. If not, come back to this post and hit the "Report" button then leave a short note reminding me of the issue. With that reminder, I'll work on getting it fixed. However, I don't think that will be necessary. I feel fairly sure that your PMs will be working tomorrow or later today.
    Will do.

jak

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    Centerville, tx
    Morning,
    Born and raised in Texas. Hunting, fishing and shooting all my life. But I'm new at this so I will be easing in slow. I have no social media experience. Kind of a "old dog new trick " situation.

I have been reading here for awhile. My humor is mostly intact and skin is thick so I might fit in.
    The first rule of social media is: don't feed the trolls!

Top Bottom