Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    federal reserve bank ... the entire commercial "vault" was actually a steel cage.

I've spent some time inside federal grand jury evidence storage rooms and assisted in building one. (My assistance consisted mainly of vacating the space, but I digress...:))

The slang term in our bureau was "slab to slab." The room had to have a steel-reinforced, poured concrete slab for both the ceiling and floor. The walls could be concrete or a steel cage such as you describe. Obviously, there were no windows and only one door.

What struck me as funny was that the HVAC routing was complex. It could be done by competent engineers, I suppose, but the one project I worked was fubar from the start. After the room was complete, the condensation inside was like a tropical rain forest. It took years and tons of mildewed documents before enough steps were taken to fix it.

Thanks for sparking that memory back to life in my brain. I guess I haven't yet lost all my facilities. :)
    Hurley's Gold

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if people would be hesitant to work with the ATF anyway, based on their track record. At the very least, board your dog somewhere before making contact.

My Son, an ex-USMC MP and City P.D. Detective, has been on “sem-permanent” assignment to ATF as their State quadrant “Liaison Officer” for several years. He still has a few local duties, such as rangemaster back-up and special events coverage.

He has consistently said that the actual officers are all good guys. One big complaint they all seem to have is that, uder Trump, the DOJ fully prosecuted EVERY “felon in possesson” while committing other felonies, and they ALL went to prison. Under BHO, he believes that only 7 were handled like that nation-wide, and Biden has returned to those policies.

They seem like regular Cop-Guys who want to take serious armed criminals out, but not mess with regular citizens.

Top Bottom