• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    For some reason, nurses and other medical staff will admit they know nothing about politics and “don’t pay attention to it or the news”, but somehow always hate Trump, think he’s racist, and want gun control.

So far about ten staff had suggested we need gun control but change their minds when met with simple arguments from our side. I suppose that’s a good thing but either way, it’s frightening to see how most people I talk to in hospitals about it (and it’s been a lot) “don’t care” or “don’t know”, but still side with the left.

I believe we have one hell of a fight.
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    They’re careful how they say things to patients and family.
    Never know what politics or religion someone is.
    Don’t want to rile up the customers.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    > change their minds when met with simple arguments from our side

Yeah no. They just don't wanna upset you and come back and shoot up the place. They didn't change their minds, they just put you on a list.

Ha. I don’t let the thought of someone being afraid of me for my beliefs, deter me from trying to help reason with people. And they’re strait forward for the most part. They speak their minds. I don’t believe they’re pandering.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Foot surgeon I had wanted to do x-rays. I ask if my holsted pistol was a problem? He aske why I thought I needed to carry a gun. So I explained the Second Amendment to him & pointed out where his office was. He kindof muttered something about guns killing people. I reminded him doctors in America were killing far more people yet no one called on banning & destroying them. He STFU and never brought it up again.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Foot surgeon I had wanted to do x-rays. I ask if my holsted pistol was a problem? He aske why I thought I needed to carry a gun. So I explained the Second Amendment to him & pointed out where his office was. He kindof muttered something about guns killing people. I reminded him doctors in America were killing far more people yet no one called on banning & destroying them. He STFU and never brought it up again.

Never argue with people who handle your food, or who work on you while you're nekkid and unconscious. It's just common sense ;)

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Damn, Bubba!
    Ya lived this long and yet to meet a dimocrat??
    I try to avoid them, but generally like putting them in their places. Had a guy tell me Trump was a fascist. I did a Hilter salute to him & told him he need a history lesson. Told him my dad & uncles killed fascist during WWII & I was of the same family as them. Needless to say he STFU.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Like anything it's a cross section of people.

I'm a nurse. I did my chl class with a coworker who is an instructor. I talk guns and knives with coworkers almost daily. I'm sure there are others at work that don't share our views. But it doesn't come up.

I don't talk politics or religion with patients. AOC could be on my table and I would treat her just like all my other patients.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    For some reason, nurses and other medical staff will admit they know nothing about politics and “don’t pay attention to it or the news”, but somehow always hate Trump, think he’s racist, and want gun control.

So far about ten staff had suggested we need gun control but change their minds when met with simple arguments from our side. I suppose that’s a good thing but either way, it’s frightening to see how most people I talk to in hospitals about it (and it’s been a lot) “don’t care” or “don’t know”, but still side with the left.

I believe we have one hell of a fight.
    Did you start the conversation or did they?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I only discuss it with people that ask my opinion on the matter, or if it is of like minded people. Too many on the left aren't open to discussion anymore.
    If I don't know, or sense it is a touchy subject with someone visiting, I just duck the issue if it comes up.

Here lately been surprised that some folks I would have bet were liberal left and anti gun turned out more rabidly conservative than me.

Top Bottom