hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459047,00.html

Ohio Police Chief Shoots Himself While Teaching Daughter Gun Safety

Saturday , November 29, 2008

AP

MONROE, Ohio —
Police in southwestern Ohio say a police chief mistakenly shot himself in the thigh after giving his daughter a gun safety lesson.

A police report says 54-year-old Middletown police Chief Greg Schwarber was preparing to clean his Glock .45-caliber pistol on Friday and didn't realize the gun was still loaded.

The report written by officers from neighboring Monroe says the bullet entered Schwarber's leg just above the knee.

When officers arrived, they found the chief lying on the floor with a towel covering his leg. Schwarber was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The hospital had no record of Schwarber being treated or admitted. A home phone number for him couldn't be found.

hoytinak

Mar 5, 2008
Texas of course
Yeah the guy's a moron, he's lucky he didn't shoot his daughter, hopely they both learn from this.

I don't know about yall but I always point my Glocks at my leg then pull the trigger to fieldstrip it :rolleyes: (which I do believe to be a flaw in Glock's design).

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
It's surprising the number of idiots out there when it comes to guns. Just yesterday I saw more ridiculous gun handling at an Academy. EVERYONE there handling various rifles and handguns was NOT keeping their finger off the trigger, and NOT exercising proper muzzle control. One of the dude's was checking out a handgun and kept pointing it right at the store clerk's face. "Oh but it's not loaded" is the typical response I get. Bad habits people, it forms bad habits! :banghead:

djspump2003

Oct 19, 2008
Austin
I thought you were always supposed to point the weapon in a safe direction to pull the trigger regardless of it being loaded or not.

Man, a .45 to the leg above the knee...that's gonna leave a mark. Good thing the daughter wasn't hurt. Time to watch the DEA agent shooting himself video again...

Leper

Sep 28, 2008
What kind of safety lesson leaves a round chambered at the end? Trigger disipline?

DEFKON99

Mar 16, 2008
san antonio
cm on i cant believe someone is that ignorant not to check and see if the gun is loaded before you start messing with it. And who and the hell carries a loaded gun, meaning with one in the chamber?

TSU45

Jun 6, 2008
San Marcos, Tx
And who and the hell carries a loaded gun, meaning with one in the chamber?
I do.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads