• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    cm on i cant believe someone is that ignorant not to check and see if the gun is loaded before you start messing with it. And who and the hell carries a loaded gun, meaning with one in the chamber?

Wait a minute!! I just figured it out. Barney? Barney Fife is that you???

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I do too...as a matter of fact I dont know anyone that doesnt carry with one in the chamber.

was this statement for real or was he just yanking our chain???

Sorry, but I guess I do know a few people that don't carry Condition 1. I got into this very argument with a couple of Seabees (who I thought for sure would know better) when I was in a Navy Leadership class last year.

They thought I was crazy and reckless for carrying Condition 1. These guys also seriously thought they could draw, rack a round in the chamber, and fire as fast (or faster) than I could simply draw and fire. I really thought they were kidding, but they really were serious. I just had to ask why these two superheroes were over here and not hunting bin Ladin or weren't SEALs - the claim begs a lot of questions. There was one bonafide SEAL in our class that just laughed at them when he heard what they had said.

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    I always find it humorous that it's always with a DA only pistol these guys are have ND's with. Glocks and the like have a long and heavy trigger pull so that it's HARD to accidentally pull it and make it go off. So it's a clear case of stupidity that these people are probably intentionally pulling on the trigger before making sure the chamber is empty.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah the guy's a moron, he's lucky he didn't shoot his daughter, hopely they both learn from this.

I don't know about yall but I always point my Glocks at my leg then pull the trigger to fieldstrip it :rolleyes: (which I do believe to be a flaw in Glock's design).

That is one flaw, another is that they have to be the ugliest firearm ever designed.

I buy Made in Texas first, Made in Dixie next, and made up in that Union to the north if I have to.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Gotta love those pretty guns! Especially when they malfunction...

I'll take an ugly gun I can depend on any day.

I guess I might be intentionally designed to look so ugly that it strikes terror into the criminal that you are facing down. :eek:

My S&W M&P is a work of Beauty, in both aspect and function.

It ain't gotta be ugly just to work.

And you don't have to pull the trigger on it for cleaning either!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I always find it humorous that it's always with a DA only pistol these guys are have ND's with. Glocks and the like have a long and heavy trigger pull so that it's HARD to accidentally pull it and make it go off. So it's a clear case of stupidity that these people are probably intentionally pulling on the trigger before making sure the chamber is empty.

A Glock is hardly a DAO pistol. They label themselves as "Safe Action". Not double action. A Glock is easy to shoot and easy to shoot unintetionally. Ignore the safety rules and you will wind up with hole in you that was not an issued hole. It really matters not what kind of gun. What action. Cop. Chief. Civilian. Military. Stupidity and brain flatulance are not restricted to one category.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Because of the relatively light trigger pull Glocks go bang when not intended to do so. All of this is moot if you simply keep your dang finger out of the trigger guard. BUT, I have seen MANY people, officers and civilians alike that are not any smarter than their index fingers. That darn finger seems to creep into the trigger guard in spite of what their brain is telling it to do.

IF you are unable to demand that your finger do as it is told, you should not carry a glock (or any other firearm for that matter).

It is not that the Glock has some gravitational pull that forces the finger into the trigger guard. It is that when the finger does go there the Glock is more likely to bang (hence the negligent part of negligent discharge). Heavier trigger pulls are more forgiving of this unsafe practice.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    So, robocop, basically only people with self control should own glocks? So 1911's are best for people with less intelligence "than their index fingers"...? (According to your opinion)

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    If you would read the entire post as I am sure you did not you would see that I believe people that cannot control their index fingers should not carry Glocks OR ANY OTHER FIREARM.

ND's occur when the trigger is pulled and the operator did not intend to do so. This is caused by the index finger creeping into the trigger guard and some other force acting on the person of the gun. If one has his finger in the trigger guard and he/she is startled, Bang. If he/she trips or is roughly bumped, bang. If the gun is bumped, bang.

Any firearm can do this. A 1911 WILL do this if the safety is disengaged. A traditional DA auto will do this. A DA revolver will do this. The Glock is just more likely to do this because of the relatilvely light trigger pull and lack of external safeties.

And NO, I do not carry a 1911. I used to but the powers that be deemed it inappropriate so I sold my STI. I do not carry a Glock. Not because of the trigger but because of the grip angle. It just feels wrong to me. It does not point naturally for me. AND Gaston Glock was and is a NAZI. I will not support a man with his past affiliations and present anti 2nd Ammendment views.

Top Bottom