0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,459047,00.html

Ohio Police Chief Shoots Himself While Teaching Daughter Gun Safety

Saturday , November 29, 2008

AP

MONROE, Ohio —
    Police in southwestern Ohio say a police chief mistakenly shot himself in the thigh after giving his daughter a gun safety lesson.

A police report says 54-year-old Middletown police Chief Greg Schwarber was preparing to clean his Glock .45-caliber pistol on Friday and didn't realize the gun was still loaded.

The report written by officers from neighboring Monroe says the bullet entered Schwarber's leg just above the knee.

When officers arrived, they found the chief lying on the floor with a towel covering his leg. Schwarber was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The hospital had no record of Schwarber being treated or admitted. A home phone number for him couldn't be found.
    Military Camp

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Yeah the guy's a moron, he's lucky he didn't shoot his daughter, hopely they both learn from this.

I don't know about yall but I always point my Glocks at my leg then pull the trigger to fieldstrip it :rolleyes: (which I do believe to be a flaw in Glock's design).

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It's surprising the number of idiots out there when it comes to guns. Just yesterday I saw more ridiculous gun handling at an Academy. EVERYONE there handling various rifles and handguns was NOT keeping their finger off the trigger, and NOT exercising proper muzzle control. One of the dude's was checking out a handgun and kept pointing it right at the store clerk's face. "Oh but it's not loaded" is the typical response I get. Bad habits people, it forms bad habits! :banghead:

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I thought you were always supposed to point the weapon in a safe direction to pull the trigger regardless of it being loaded or not.

Man, a .45 to the leg above the knee...that's gonna leave a mark. Good thing the daughter wasn't hurt. Time to watch the DEA agent shooting himself video again...

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    What kind of safety lesson leaves a round chambered at the end? Trigger disipline?

DEFKON99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    san antonio
    cm on i cant believe someone is that ignorant not to check and see if the gun is loaded before you start messing with it. And who and the hell carries a loaded gun, meaning with one in the chamber?

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    "And who and the hell carries a loaded gun, meaning with one in the chamber?"

I do......every day.

Carrying a concealed handgun that is not ready to use is pretty silly, might as well carry a rock.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    cm on i cant believe someone is that ignorant not to check and see if the gun is loaded before you start messing with it. And who and the hell carries a loaded gun, meaning with one in the chamber?

I can't believe someone would believe that there aren't people that careless. They're every where.

And the last part? You're joking right? If not, we know you don't carry a 1911. DA guns are a different story although that's why I don't carry one.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    wow i guess its just me, but id be too paranoid to carry a loaded gun just incase something like this would happen.
    So you carry a $600 paper weight that does double duty as a club? Excuse me Mr. BG, I have to find my magazine... oh there it is.... wait just a second while I rack the slide... Okay you can proceed with your act of aggression now. Sorry if a bit harsh, but if you are not confident/competant enough to carry loaded, then I have to question whether you are able to carry period?

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    wow i guess its just me, but id be too paranoid to carry a loaded gun just incase something like this would happen.

In that case I agree, you should not carry condition 1 if you're that irresponsible.

BTW, most ND and AD's (and this was an ND) that I've ever heard of are LEO's and the gun, Glock. The bottom line is, he did not clear the weapon before working on it; he wasn't carrying it. I check and double check myself every time, just because I'm paranoid....or maybe it's because fundamental safety was etched into my head from a young lad.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

I do too...as a matter of fact I dont know anyone that doesnt carry with one in the chamber.

was this statement for real or was he just yanking our chain???

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

So I laughed when I read your reply yesterday.

Today I'll answer, I do too.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom