• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    A co-workers son suffering from PTSD took his own life a couple weeks ago. Below is a link to a video made by his Ghost platoon brothers after he was evacuated from grenade injuries.

Rest in Peace Brother

Guns International

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    RIP. Honestly, I don't have any answers to this PTSD thing. I've survived things that would horrify most people but they just made me tougher and meaner. I've mellowed a lot but it took many years to enable that.

Counseling helps but as soon as a guy mentions wanting to end his life, the counselor gets all freaked out. For folks with horrible memories haunting them, thoughts of suicide are routine.

Flash

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    RIP. Honestly, I don't have any answers to this PTSD thing. I've survived things that would horrify most people but they just made me tougher and meaner. I've mellowed a lot but it took many years to enable that.

Counseling helps but as soon as a guy mentions wanting to end his life, the counselor gets all freaked out. For folks with horrible memories haunting them, thoughts of suicide are routine.

Flash

I heard a statistic quoted by Greg Gutfeld with Fox News yesterday that over 60% of all veteran suicides are by those over the age of 50

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom