• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    My cat Mo aka Agent Orange modelled this rifle for your viewing pleasure. Can you name that model? Rifles like this make getting a C&R worthwhile.
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• DSCN0475.jpg
      DSCN0475.jpg
      12.6 KB · Views: 252

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Looks French. Hard to tell my screen isn't big enough. But it couldn't be anything to be excited about cuz the cat's not excited.
    No really it looks to me like an Italian or a French carbine from around WWII.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Give Sharky a cigar. You would have seen these in the early days of Viet Nam. MAS 49/56. Great French carbine in 7.5mm. Came and went on the C&R market with a quickness. The French were very innovative when it came to weapons.

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Yeah, I meant to buy one back in the day 2000-2001 - they were CHEAP and other than a strange caliber - they were decent guns.

Alas, I was 15 years old and working a part-time job making minimum wage and simply didn't have the cash......

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Too bad Century ruined a bunch of them converting (mostly poorly done) to 7.62x51. 7.5x55 isn't that strange a caliber, easily made by necking up 6.5x55 brass. I like mine, well designed, well balanced rifle.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Mine came brand new in the original sealed plastic bag. It still is unfired. I have fired another just like it. I will pop its cherry some day. I have been in Century's warehouse in St Albans Vermont and it was magnificent. You would have to see it to believe it. Century's angry beavers have put together some great guns, but some of their conversions didn't pan out. I got one of thier Garrands and one of their CETMEs and they both are great shooters. Century is probably the largest importer in the country and have had some outrageous deals. I remember when they had 5 Mauser broomhandles for 100 bucks and I didn't buy. Still kicking my own a$$.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    I've bought a lot of Century imports over the years. Mostly great stuff, and good prices. I just hate to see C&R rifles chopped into something else. I kow they are trying to make them more salable, but it still strikes me as not the best idea. Century's "wizards", as they often refered to them in their ad copy, didn't alwsy do the best , or even adequate, work.

Top Bottom