• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Hello Brothers and Sisters!

Thanks for allowing me to join your site. I apologize in advance for my habit of rambling. I tend to read and try to learn far more than responding to or creating a post but on the rare occasion I do, I have a hard time shutting up. (It's even WORSE if I'm speaking to you in person.) LOL With that in mind, here is my attempt at brevity.

The wife and I are native Austinites. I am glad to be the H@11 out of there but I don't consider Harris County much of an improvement. I have also lived in the Rio Grande Valley, Las Vegas NV, Naples FL, and Corpus Christi, before landing in Katy 3 1/2 years ago. I'm semi-retired at 58 due to chronic health issues but still able to moderately get around. As a city boy with country roots and a grandfather that had a small ranch near Bastrop I got a BB gun at 4, began deer hunting at 6 with a .410 and buckshot, and was fortunate to own or borrow from family many different long guns and a few rimfire handguns before adulthood. Due to chasing too many of life's other adventures I haven't hunted much since my early 20's. I occasionally visited ranges throughout the years but not often. When my health got to the point that I could no longer push hard nor work full time I started visiting my local range in Corpus on a regular basis. At that point my interest in firearms took a turn because at 50 yrs old I finally became interested in the science/physics of firearms beyond their basic operation. I've learned a lot from forums like yours here and have MAYBE achieved kindergarten status in firearms knowledge. (Laugh at my ignorant inquiries and I'll laugh with you.) I look forward to "picking your brains" because I am humbled by the depth of firearms technology and how many "good ole boys" out there are absolute MASTERS of it. And, as it is in any other area of life, it's amusing to listen to the masters go at it with their well informed and opinionated debates. I'll try to sit on the sidelines, eat my popcorn, and learn as much as possible.

Rob
    Venture Surplus ad

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Hello and welcome to TGT
    Thanks Moonpie! The first place I saw your name on the site was an ad for coffee mugs with your name prominently displayed on the mug so I figured you must be one of the "movers and shakers" here. Then shortly after I read a warning about Moonpie tempting people to buy toys when they can barely afford to eat. LOL. Since I am the new "poorest guy in the club" I will have to beware.

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Howdy and welcome to TGT
    Thanks! Looking at your username pic I HAVE to ask: Which do you lust after more, bikes or guns? In my younger days the bikes won out but now that I'm old and scared I gave up the bikes. Of course, guns are scarier when looking down the open end of the barrel. And then there is that most dangerous of all lusts: WOMEN. I think they have killed more men than guns and bikes combined. It's just a much slower death.

Last edited:

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    9B3E6204-0B2F-4C74-BC2E-EB34910481A9.jpeg

Top Bottom