• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Welcome to TGT. Thankfully, you will learn alot here as several of our members know everything.
    Good for me. It will give me a respite from being the only one that knows everything at my house. LOL. If you soon learn that I died of gunshot wounds it's because my wife FIRST read this message and THEN discovered a newly purchased gun that I had hidden from her.
    Military Camp

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Thanks! Looking at your username pic I HAVE to ask: Which do you lust after more, bikes or guns? In my younger days the bikes won out but now that I'm old and scared I gave up the bikes. Of course, guns are scarier when looking down the open end of the barrel. And then there is that most dangerous of all lusts: WOMEN. I think they have killed more men than guns and bikes combined. It's just a much slower death.

I love my wife and I love my granddaughter.

I like my Harley ,been riding for over 55 years i'm 74, and I like my guns.

The bike is for relaxing, getting in the wind, taking my mind off of all the crap going on in the world. Just chilling out by myself or with friends.

Guns are for relaxing,going to the range or a shoot with our members and self defense.

I like them equally.

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    I love my wife and I love my granddaughter.

I like my Harley ,been riding for over 55 years i'm 74, and I like my guns.

The bike is for relaxing, getting in the wind, taking my mind off of all the crap going on in the world. Just chilling out by myself or with friends.

Guns are for relaxing,going to the range or a shoot with our members and self defense.

I like them equally.
    You're a well rounded man with your priorities in the right place. I'm glad that you are getting a lot of joy out of life, beginning with the wife and daughter. I poke fun at the women folk but I have 5 daughters and every one has me wrapped so tight around their fingers it's not even funny.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

Gee, reminds me of, as Popeye the Sailor used to say ‘’Me yout’’ !

Almost 50 years back, I was an Officer in the USAR’s Medical Corps. As Vietnam was ‘’winding down’’, I was authorized to attend monthly ’’Army Drills’’ at the local unit in my then hometown ‘’Sparkling City by the Sea’’.

Soon they discovered that I could sign an official U S Army induction “Physical” (exam). But they couldn’t pay me for them.

This was during the latter phases of replacement of M14’s & 1911’s with ’’Stoner’s’’ in 5.56 & Beretta 9mm’s; so they had tons of .45ACP, .38Spl, & .308 ammo in excess. They also had a pistol range in town. I had all the ammo I could burn, for free. All the Sergeant asked was return of the spent brass cases.

My long dormant interest in handgun shooting was reawakened. I bought a Colt Gold Cup w/ improved sights & extra barrels to augment my Python.

I went from hardly shooting handguns to a several hundred rounds/week shooter, with greatly improved skills.

So, we have some thing(s) in common.

leVieux

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Belated welcome, Rob :)

I see you haven't been here since January 1st - hope all the hot air around here didn't scare you off. :inflate:

Top Bottom