• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    1960/AldineW'field
    I know most people grunt and groan over 'another newbie'..... and to some degree, I understand. But you guys seem like a nice enough group, so I shall lurk no longer.

My name's Tiffany, and I'm in the Spring area (about 7-8 miles from Carter's).

Now when I say newbie, I mean it. Just got my first gun for target shooting - a .22 Beretta Neos. (Yeah, the one that looks like a really cheesy sci-fi prop. I call it my 'ray gun'.) I'm liking the HK USP .40, but my bank account would appreciate it if I took my time with the .22 to establish some good habits. ;)
    Plus, you just can't lose for 500 rounds for $20ish. :p

So, if you see me at Carters, I'll be the short little fireplug with the ray gun and pink hearing protection - please do stop me if you see me doing something stupid!
    Guns International

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    Welcome!

Even with all the calibers I have, I almost picked up one of those Neos at the last gun show, so don't sweat that at all!

:D

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hi Tiffany, welcome to the forum. Smart move starting with your ray gun...err, the .22. Excellent caliber to learn and practice good technique. You'll get your HK soon enough :)

jim t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hawley Texas
    welcome Tiffany, we were all newbees at one time so just relax and enjoy the site. ask questions and learn, that is what we are all doing here.:rolleyes:

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Hi, Tiffany. Welcome to the forum. I shoot at Carter's at least twice a week on the 22/25 (?) yd line. Just a little old guy enjoying some target practice with the two tone Wilson 1911, a brass catcher net, and a green range bag. Stop by and say hello. SpringMom shoots there too and is also a member here.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Where do you go to school.I just graduated from UTEP two years ago.The Army GI bill paid for my education.:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    1960/AldineW'field
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :D

Oh, and Mac: Just pistols for now, but give it time... I'll come around to it, I'm sure. I like anything that'll make a big bang and put a hole in something. :cool:
    Also, I'm knocking out my pre-requisites at North Harris. (Lonestar, now... seems the new name is more 'marketable')

Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    When you're ready for the HK USP .40, give me a shout. I've got one that's kind of a safe queen, I bought it new and put maybe 250 rounds through it. It's one of the one's I've been considering liquidating to fund something else.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nice to have you here. Yep, .22lr sure is cheap compared to other calibers. How do you like the Beretta Neos? From what I've heard they are supposed to be pretty decent guns, and don't really have any problems.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Welcome aboard.
    I Hit Carters once in a while when a friend and I do Rifles.
    Most of my pistol shooting I do at Shiloh near Willowbrook.
    They have their targets on cables you can run out to about 75 ft. or as
    close as you want.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    1960/AldineW'field
    The only thing I'm not fond of about the gun is the thumb wheel for disassembly. Aside from that, I've had a dozen or so failure to fires, and one failure to feed - that's out of 350-400 rounds of one type of ammo.

Oh - another thing is I'm not crazy about the sights. They're perfectly functional, I just like a better contrast from the black sticky on my target. :p

It's pretty accurate, even with me on the trigger! ;)

Top Bottom