Another one bites the dust....

EZ-E

Jackenstein extraordinaire
TGT Supporter
May 4, 2017
Middle of no where
This one set off the green motion light ... my silent alarm. So broke out the .17 & watched it jump up on the tree with the protein feeders. It was about 6' up... then I dropped it to the ground. I looked for entry & exit wounds, even held it upside-down to see if any blood appeared... nothing... i guess i scared it to death...lol. I sure do like being able to sit in the mancave/deerstand with a/c & no skeeters messing with me ... just slide open the window to take a shot.

20210616_005716.jpg

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
This one set off the green motion light ... my silent alarm. So broke out the .17 & watched it jump up on the tree with the protein feeders. It was about 6' up... then I dropped it to the ground. I looked for entry & exit wounds, even held it upside-down to see if any blood appeared... nothing... i guess i scared it to death...lol. I sure do like being able to sit in the mancave/deerstand with a/c & no skeeters messing with me ... just slide open the window to take a shot.

View attachment 261872
You should have shot it again! I worked with a guy that started cutting a tail off when he got bit! Needless to say better safe then sorry!

EZ-E

Jackenstein extraordinaire
TGT Supporter
May 4, 2017
Middle of no where
You should have shot it again! I worked with a guy that started cutting a tail off when he got bit! Needless to say better safe then sorry!

I always kick em a few times just to make sure they're dead before i pick em up to take em to the valley of death. Always have my pistol too...either my 9mm or my PMR30.

Raccoons play possum?

Not sure, it did have a bloody mouth. So i assumed it had vital trauma somehow. I know the fall didnt kill it. I shot one the other night & it was still in the tree looking at me when i went to the back. so i pistol popped it with my 9mm. It dropped out of the tree about 20' & funky chickened for a few seconds. Then went limp.

This one i watched funky chicken through the scope, i was waiting to see if it was gunna run, it went limp after a few seconds. Thats when i headed to the back. Sometimes they are choking blood when i get to the back... so ill pistol pop em before i pick em up. Then still kick at em to make sure they dead.

Top Bottom