• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    This burned Model 1859 Manhattan Navy Revolver was found in the basement of the Museum fire. Laying in a corner on the floor in water and ashes. The Director brought it to me and had one of those grins, "like try this one on for size" and handed it to me. What a sad looking chunk. I took it home and made it comfortable.
    Then went to work... look what happened... Before and after pictures. if I can attach them in
    BA001-a.gif
    BA002-a.gif
    BA003-a.gif
    BA009-a.gif
    BA012-a.gif
    BA013-a.gif
    DSC_0040.jpg
    BA016.jpg
    BA015.jpg
    one posting.
    Guns International

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    This burned Model 1859 Manhattan Navy Revolver was found in the basement of the Museum fire. Laying in a corner on the floor in water and ashes. The Director brought it to me and had one of those grins, "like try this one on for size" and handed it to me. What a sad looking chunk. I took it home and made it comfortable.
    Then went to work... look what happened... Before and after pictures. if I can attach them in View attachment 262149 View attachment 262150 View attachment 262151 View attachment 262152 View attachment 262153 View attachment 262154 View attachment 262156 View attachment 262157 View attachment 262159 one posting.
    Wow! Sure you're not looking for an heir?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I do not have any children or family aside from my wife. When I am gone all of my efforts go too. I do have three nephews that don't even talk to me except if the WANT something. They can go pack sand! I have a niece that is my little buddy, she will get some guns!
    LMAO!! John
    Is that a no?

Mad John

Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Almost afraid to ask, but what's the bore look like?
    Bob
    Actually the bore cleaned up nicely. solid rifling, dark in places with no serious pitting. I have seen MUCH worse. At first glance you could hardly see through it. It belongs to the museum I work for and is on display. Nobody loos in the bore but me and maybe an archivist or a curator.
    By the way, nice rack of ribbons you have there. Well done, fellow veteran. US Navy here, 1970 thru 1981.
    John

Top Bottom