Join TexasGunTalk

another player in the ring

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cbigclarke, Oct 10, 2013.

1. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
  2. Ricklovesbacon

Ricklovesbacon TGT Addict

Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I like her. Heard her speak many times.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store. now Free

3. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I would vote for her.

4. steve-o

steve-o Well-Known

Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I'm not the type to vote on a single issue, but out of curiosity, where does she stand on guns?

5. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    With the way she talks, I would be very surprised, if she was anything but positive 2A

6. macshooter

macshooter Well-Known

Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Hmmm... I'm surprised the statesman (just being an Austin paper) wasn't finding some way to rip her if she is Christian and conservative. I'd like to know more about her, but she sounds good so far. Thanks for posting.

Wait she's running as democrat... Definately want to find out more about her.

-edit-
    Oh nevermind that was Wendy Davis they were talking about

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  7. macshooter

macshooter Well-Known

Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco

The left would go batsh*t crazy if Texas had black female tea party conservative for Governor. I'm in.

8. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Tough choice between her and Abbott.

9. mosin

mosin Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Just a token, and only being supported so they can hide behind her obviously. That was the only reason Cain got any traction remember?

10. macshooter

macshooter Well-Known

Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Who is "they"?

Herman Cain was a self made man and bootstrap success story who came up from his own hard work, he was not a "token." He got shot down because people made a big deal about affairs he had. Damn straight it DOES help to be black and conservative, because black conservatives are in a unique position to f*ck the left's sh*t up. Far more than any insider white GOP'er. That's just the way it is. And these days I'm to the point where I hate the old GOP establishment more than I do the democrats. I'd much rather see an outsider tea party candidate make it into office.

Perry is a notorious back room dealer / pay to play politician. I don't know much about Abbot at all, but he's been in politics for a long time and I assume as the Texas attorney general, he is plugged into the behind the scenes money game, and knows who's palms need to be greased to get elected. It'll be real hard for Fritsch to overcome that.