• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Hmmm... I'm surprised the statesman (just being an Austin paper) wasn't finding some way to rip her if she is Christian and conservative. I'd like to know more about her, but she sounds good so far. Thanks for posting.

Wait she's running as democrat... Definately want to find out more about her.

-edit-
    Oh nevermind that was Wendy Davis they were talking about

Fritsch joins a field that, in addition to Abbott, includes Tom Pauken, Miriam Martinez and Larry Kilgore. Sen. Wendy Davis, D-Fort Worth, announced her candidacy for the Democratic nomination for governor last Thursday.

But there she was, Fritsch - a striking black woman, 6-feet tall, not inluding heels, standing before an exuberant crowd of some 75 supporters - announcing her candidacy for the Republican nomination for governor.

Last edited:

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Just a token, and only being supported so they can hide behind her obviously. That was the only reason Cain got any traction remember?

Who is "they"?

Herman Cain was a self made man and bootstrap success story who came up from his own hard work, he was not a "token." He got shot down because people made a big deal about affairs he had. Damn straight it DOES help to be black and conservative, because black conservatives are in a unique position to f*ck the left's sh*t up. Far more than any insider white GOP'er. That's just the way it is. And these days I'm to the point where I hate the old GOP establishment more than I do the democrats. I'd much rather see an outsider tea party candidate make it into office.

Perry is a notorious back room dealer / pay to play politician. I don't know much about Abbot at all, but he's been in politics for a long time and I assume as the Texas attorney general, he is plugged into the behind the scenes money game, and knows who's palms need to be greased to get elected. It'll be real hard for Fritsch to overcome that.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Herman Cain was a self made man and bootstrap success story who came up from his own hard work, he was not a "token." He got shot down because people made a big deal about affairs he had. Damn straight it DOES help to be black and conservative, because black conservatives are in a unique position to f*ck the left's sh*t up. Far more than any insider white GOP'er. That's just the way it is. And these days I'm to the point where I hate the old GOP establishment more than I do the democrats. I'd much rather see an outsider tea party candidate make it into office.

Woah Woah, I'm on your side. I loved Herman Cain from back when I heard his first radio show on WSB in '08

Sorry sarcasm doesnt go well over the internet. I agree I'd rather see the government full of democrats then establishment republicans. Then the democrat name could get dragged through the mud without their willing scapegoat at their side.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Woah Woah, I'm on your side. I loved Herman Cain from back when I heard his first radio show on WSB in '08

Sorry sarcasm doesnt go well over the internet. I agree I'd rather see the government full of democrats then establishment republicans. Then the democrat name could get dragged through the mud without their willing scapegoat at their side.

Oh, it's been a long day... No worries man I wasn't trying to attack you or anything. Yeah, that's always what "they" will say about any black candidate we support...

Seems like you got two kinds of politicians to choose from. Those on the outside who are fed up and on fire about what they believe, and just decide to run. (this lady) And then those who want to play the political game, and first get elected to railroad commissioner or something like that to get into system, then become part of the political machine, learn who's ass they need to kiss, and who's palms need to be greased, and fall in line with whatever the establishment tells them to do and then sit and wait their turn to move up the chain. Those kind of people are why we're in the mess we're in now. Cruz came out of nowhere and bypassed the system, flew right past Dewhurst and now he's kicking ass, and everyone inside the establishment hates him. I think we need more people like him. Maybe this lady too. Otherwise there's no chance anything will change. Anyways, time for bed.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Who is "they"?

Perry is a notorious back room dealer / pay to play politician. I don't know much about Abbot at all, but he's been in politics for a long time and I assume as the Texas attorney general, he is plugged into the behind the scenes money game, and knows who's palms need to be greased to get elected. It'll be real hard for Fritsch to overcome that.
    I suggest you do a little more reading on Abbott. While I doubt hes squeaky clean, no one whos been in politics a long time is but he gets the job done well and isn't slimeball like Perry. Hes an even more staunch conservative, sued the Obama admin over a dozen times, more pro 2A than Perry, hes all around a great person. As AG he has done a lot of good, and kept people who were evening thinking of infringing on the constitution(Austin city council with the no gun show ban) in check. If I remember right he told them theyd have a "double barrel lawsuit" on their hands. If Abbott wasn't running Id give serious consideration to voting for this lady but Abbott has experience and IMO an impeccable track record.

Top Bottom