Capitol Armory ad

Another reason to excuse females from deployments? Great.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

The upside is, since a male won the Miss Nevada competition, at least some men will get the same chance.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think she needs to be discharged. If a beauty pageant is much more important than being in the military, she should be discharged so she can pursue that.

Reading from the article, she only joined because of the high cost of college tuition. Hmmm....

Then she was diagnosed with multiple mental defects. Hmm.....

IMO, she doesn't have her priorities straight. When you join the military and take an oath, that should be your entire focus, Not trying to compete in beauty pageant.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So she joined up for the benefits, but then was suddenly diagnosed with:

“Maura has struggled with depression, anxiety and ADHD - which was only diagnosed when she joined the Army - and wants to advocate for mental health “

So now she gets the benefits, probably extra since she was diagnosed after joining, doesn’t get deployed, but can deal with the stresses of a miss America pageant.

Not the first person I’ve seen join the military and then do everything possible to get out of what comes along with joining the military. I wouldn’t say she’s providing much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Like every other organization you need basic workers like cooks, janitorial workers, etc. Can’t outsource everything. Not everyone is a member of the rangers or seals. Still retire at 20.
    I worked with a lot of cooks, janitors, logistical folks who got their start in the military. It was good training for them.

In this person's case, I'm not sure what her best MOS fit would be. Maybe she should switch to the USO instead.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I have no fault with her joining to get benefits for college. I do have a huge problem with her entering beauty pageants on the tax payer's dollar.
    How about Blue Angles airshows and similar publicity stunts? This is publicity that makes the military look good. Small if any $$ compared to how much they waste on other stuff. She might end up in one of those picture files on this site with all the other lovely girls.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How about Blue Angles airshows and similar publicity stunts? This is publicity that makes the military look good. Small if any $$ compared to how much they waste on other stuff. She might end up in one of those picture files on this site with all the other lovely girls.

Blue Angels: “Wow, I could join the military and get paid to fly fighter jets!”

Beauty Pageant: “Wow, I could join the military and get paid to play dress up!”

I’m not seeing the comparison here.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

In the Biden military, anything is possible. Be glad he's not instituted pink camo, or mandated bland gray non-masculine, non-feminine neutral colors be worn by all federal employees so as not to offend the "non binary" or "genderless" crowd.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    In the Biden military, anything is possible. Be glad he's not instituted pink camo, or mandated bland gray non-masculine, non-feminine neutral colors be worn by all federal employees so as not to offend the "non binary" or "genderless" crowd.

Remember when you could turn on the TV and see a guy wearing a dress in the military in an attempt to convince everyone he was crazy to get sent home?

Now days Clinger would get a promotion and some kind of award for bravery.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

It was the return on the $$ spent. A beauty contest winner attracts a lot of 18 year old horny boys to that recruiter office. That jet flying by spends more money in 10 seconds probably than the cost of sending the girl off in a bathing suit.
    I may even be right or maybe not.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You honestly believe they are letting her continue with the beauty pageants because of publicity?

Seriously?

Rotor, you are entitled to your opinion, but I just don't think military personnel should be engaged in performing in beauty pageants.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    You honestly believe they are letting her continue with the beauty pageants because of publicity?

Seriously?

Rotor, you are entitled to your opinion, but I just don't think military personnel should be engaged in performing in beauty pageants.
    Okay.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Seriously?

I think performing in the pageants are fine - on her own time. Military personnel are afforded 30 days of leave per year, if I remember right. She can use her leave to participate. Its not really any different than if a soldier wants to fish in bass tournaments while they're active duty - so long as it is not interfering with their duties, and they're doing it on their days off / taking authorized leave to do it, its their own business.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom