Military Camp

Another reason to excuse females from deployments? Great.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Interlace your post with some colorful language from an old Navy veteran, and your post @MTA89 could have been written by my uncle!

Uncle "Bill" enlisted, not drafted into the Navy at the tender age of twenty, in 1967. He served two tours in Vietnam in the "Brown Water Navy" and then retired after over twenty some years in the Navy. I learned a lot from working around him a teenager!

His viewpoint and opinions on women in the military was very similar.

IMO, having relaxed standards and qualifications, or one for men and one for women, to be able to pass, does a disservice for everyone in the military.
    Yea it was way more colorful when I typed it out the first time lol Im pretty rough around the edges with my language (never in front of ladies) but I wont let the new globo homo world change me
    Target Sports

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think she needs to be discharged. If a beauty pageant is much more important than being in the military, she should be discharged so she can pursue that.

Reading from the article, she only joined because of the high cost of college tuition. Hmmm....

Then she was diagnosed with multiple mental defects. Hmm.....

IMO, she doesn't have her priorities straight. When you join the military and take an oath, that should be your entire focus, Not trying to compete in beauty pageant.

The Army can’t get that kind of exposure. It’s great positive PR for them. Genius move on their part.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The Army can’t get that kind of exposure. It’s great positive PR for them. Genius move on their part.
    I just happen to disagree. I think it portrays the military in the wrong light. It's as if they are wanting to represent the military as having a softer and friendlier side to it.

The military serves a vital function in our country. Their main job is to defend and fight for this country. To protect our rights, our freedoms, our citizens, our borders and out allies if they need us.

There is nothing soft of friendly about that. Our military is about warriors. Now granted, not everyone is a warrior and even warriors need logistics to do their job. The military is about war, and peace.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I just happen to disagree. I think it portrays the military in the wrong light. It's as if they are wanting to represent the military as having a softer and friendlier side to it.

The military serves a vital function in our country. Their main job is to defend and fight for this country. To protect our rights, our freedoms, our citizens, our borders and out allies if they need us.

There is nothing soft of friendly about that. Our military is about warriors. Now granted, not everyone is a warrior and even warriors need logistics to do their job. The military is about war, and peace.

Considering the recent cartoon commercials about the girl who took ballet and went to pride parades with her two moms before joining the military (and I suspect making everyone’s life a living hell in her unit), I don’t think the priorities of the military are in line with what you or I probably think they should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Considering the recent cartoon commercials about the girl who took ballet and went to pride parades with her two moms before joining the military (and I suspect making everyone’s life a living hell in her unit), I don’t think the priorities of the military are in line with what you or I probably think they should be.

I can't disagree with that in the least.

I understand that it's entirely possible that recruitment numbers are down and retention of existing servicemen and women may be low a well. So they may be making allowances to bring numbers serving up.

It's just not what I think our military should be focused on. Maybe I'm old school in thinking the way I do, or have been around real men who served, and that my opinion is, better quality, than quantity.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can't disagree with that in the least.

I understand that it's entirely possible that recruitment numbers are down and retention of existing servicemen and women may be low a well. So they may be making allowances to bring numbers serving up.

It's just not what I think our military should be focused on. Maybe I'm old school in thinking the way I do, or have been around real men who served, and that my opinion is, better quality, than quantity.

I agree. The wrong people can definitely weaken a fighting unit. Add in all the new work classes and you have military members nervous around the people that should feel like brothers to them.

I served with all kinds of people. Many of whom I really have nothing in common with outside of the service and would never have reason to speak with them. But when in the military it didn’t matter. We trusted each other completely. That’s what makes a strong military.

When things get bad nobody is fighting for their country or their flag. They’re fighting for each other.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I agree. The wrong people can definitely weaken a fighting unit. Add in all the new work classes and you have military members nervous around the people that should feel like brothers to them.

I served with all kinds of people. Many of whom I really have nothing in common with outside of the service and would never have reason to speak with them. But when in the military it didn’t matter. We trusted each other completely. That’s what makes a strong military.

When things get bad nobody is fighting for their country or their flag. They’re fighting for each other.

I agree. When the shit is hitting the fan, and bullets are flying, what any soldier relies upon, are his team-mates. That is built upon a trust that is earned during basic and training. Knowing your team-mates pulled the same weight as you did.

I may never have been allowed to serve, but I fully understand and appreciate the concept. Proving to people that you can do your job, and that you are reliable, and that respect is earned, as well as given.

I learned at an early age, quality is much preferable to quantity for many things.

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    I just don't think the military is the right place to conduct social experiments to see if mentally deficient and damaged people can endure the stress of combat, and if women can be just as good at men in combat/combat related activities (which all objective studies proven they can't be).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom