Another sad “harmless” pitbull story

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Well, I wanted to give my opinion on pita but I lost half my brain cells when I read that no dogs should be in a home with children.

Lucky I survived my childhood with multiple dogs, often unsupervised, in the house with me. And my children in the same situation...my god, I just got my daughter her own puppy!

WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!

And Pits ain’t that bad. I used to think so but over the years I’ve met pits that weren’t chained up beside some white trash house/junk yard, mostly ignored and likely abused. The ones I’ve met raised by a loving owner were just as friendly or more so than other breeds I’ve come across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Deep East Texas.
If I have to prove to you that genetics plays a role forget it. Dogs are all the same species. Breeds have specific genetic traits. Blood Hounds and Boston Terriers have completely different traits but they are both dogs. If you do not recognize the physical and behavioral differences I can't do much more to convince you. People that own pit bulls tend to be so defensive about their dogs. The problem is that the statistics don't change, pits are responsible for more deadly human attack than any other dog in this country. That's from the CDC.
Every dog book that you buy gives a history of the breed, what they are bred for, temperament, intelligence, etc.
I in no way implied that blacks are less intelligent than whites. I never said that I did not like large dogs. I never even implied that I wouldn't own a pit.
Perhaps we can discuss bills of sale next.
I guess you are going to try and convince me a I need a BOS to buy a dog from another person? Or maybe they should check and see if I'm up to date on my rabies shots too!

Rotor, I'm defensive about all dog breeds, not just pit bulls. I have a wide assortment of dog breeds here at home. One is a pit bull, and a few are pit bull mixes. But I'm sick and tired of dog breeds, and dogs in general getting a bad rap from people that don't have a clue, and too narrow-minded to take the time to learn about dogs.

Now you want to throw statistics into the discussion? That was tried earlier in the discussion. It failed. Want to talk statistics? How about this one. In 2017, 39,773 people died by guns. Hmmm....Damn, guns are dangerous and we should ban them right? Well without proper context, statistics are meaningless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_v..., gun deaths reached,109 people dying per day.

So yes, the greater number of deaths attributed to one dog breed were pit bulls. But without proper context, those numbers mean nothing. Do you have any factual evidence or proof of how those deaths occurred by pit bulls and under what circumstances?

By no means am I naive about dogs, or that there aren't anomalies, or abnormal cases of "bad" dogs. Just look to Charles Manson, or John Wayne Gacy, or the Son of Sam killer, and I'm sure such cases can occur among dog breeds as well. But I'll stand on my statement, IMO, 99% of "bad" dogs and cases where things went wrong with a pit bull, or any dog breed for that matter, can be traced right back to the owner, or owners of the dog.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Rice.
As gun owners you think we would look past a statistic.

A dog is like clay in your hand. From a pup you mold it. I’m not some self proclaimed expert. I’m just involved with the pets I own. From never having cats that need litter boxes and wait at the door to dogs that know when to behave just by giving them a look.

I’m gonna probably stir up a storm saying this but I’m telling y’all: if a dog is normal but out of control it’s because there’s no leader of the house/family. This goes back to my comment a dog is like clay. Do not mold it and see what happens. You’re dog will understand being put in his place and kindness/forgiveness. A pack leader is god to a dog.

I will share my opinion again and even more colorful this time: I see too many scum bags with a popular dog. What do you think will happen to statistics? Let’s have a break down in that data. Percentage of ghetto owners? Percentage of douche flute flat bill ball cap owners? Percentage of they just out of prison and connect with dogs cause they can’t use drugs anymore so they need to feel like an expert in something owners? The no training but “my baby would never do that” owners? Or the classic once your dog discovers he’s got balls you discover you don’t owner?

Stats are bs.

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Dec 20, 2013
Outside San Antonio
Well... this got quite emotional...a thread about dogs....on a Texas gun forum...who’d a thunk it? LOL!

And despite my words, I was taken way out of context and attributed with a fair amount of misquotes, which is why I kinda regret starting this thread and done posting or reading in it. I’m in no mood these days to argue with emotional issues.

I’m honestly glad you all love your dogs...it’s way better than the alternative.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
Apr 13, 2018
Rice.
Well... this got quite emotional...a thread about dogs....on a Texas gun forum...who’d a thunk it? LOL!

And despite my words, I was taken way out of context and attributed with a fair amount of misquotes, which is why I kinda regret starting this thread and done posting or reading in it. I’m in no mood these days to argue with emotional issues.

I’m honestly glad you all love your dogs...it’s way better than the alternative.
Lol you started the thread. You know full well most of us got nothing better to do.

FireInTheWire

Ego kills talent
TGT Supporter
Jan 22, 2018
Big Country

Oh no you dont... you not getting off that easy! Get back here!

Lol

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
Our dog follows my GF everywhere she goes.
But, she won't obey her.
When outside, while my GF is smoking, our dog barks at people walking in the street.
My GF will yell at her to get her to stop barking, but she won't stop.
All I have to do is open the back door and look at her.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members