• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcbush

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    San Antonio
    Hello, all. Another member in San Antonio. Interested in CHL and OC issues & discussions. Retired US Air Force but still working for the DoD. I tend to carry a .380, 9MM or every once in while a replica 1858 Remington New Model Army. Yeah, I know it is heavy, but I figure if I run out of loads I can beat the bad guys with it.

If anyone is interested in working to get rid of the municipal ordinance banning the carry of long rifles on San Antonio public streets, I'd like to hear from you.
    Capitol Armory ad

jcbush

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    San Antonio
    Majormadmax, I am not on Lackland anymore. I used to work up on Security Hill, now I am on the new facility off Potranco. You on Lackland?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Majormadmax, I am not on Lackland anymore. I used to work up on Security Hill, now I am on the new facility off Potranco. You on Lackland?

Yep, Security Hill as well. I retired there back in 2006 and stayed on as a contractor. Depending on what your old AFSC was, we may know each other or have similar acquaintances...

Do you ever shoot at Camp Bullis? It's only open on the weekends, and only to DoD ID card holders; but it's a great range!

Cheers! M2

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Welcome aboard from Comanche County ! Don't sell that 1858 Remongton replica short. I ordered one some time ago and converted it to .45lc cartridges. The cylinder was expensive as well as was the ejector and it took some dremmeling on my part where you load the cylinder and the total cost was likely a tad higher than a good .45 Single Action costs but it shoots good, is accurate, and has a sweet trigger and I am rather proud I made the effort.

jcbush

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    San Antonio
    Welcome aboard from Comanche County ! Don't sell that 1858 Remongton replica short. I ordered one some time ago and converted it to .45lc cartridges. The cylinder was expensive as well as was the ejector and it took some dremmeling on my part where you load the cylinder and the total cost was likely a tad higher than a good .45 Single Action costs but it shoots good, is accurate, and has a sweet trigger and I am rather proud I made the effort.

Thanks much but I really was not selling it short. Just remarking on its dual use as a sledge hammer.

Top Bottom