• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Danica's parents say she began losing her hearing last November, when a classmate allegedly shot a bottle rocket near her ear. They have already sued the Branchburg School District over that incident

I knew there was more to the story.

NitroHonda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Pflugerville, TX
    I knew there was more to the story.

Who gives a rat's hooie what incident spurned the hearing loss. How is sign language being dubbed as a danger to others here? That's what I want to know. I want to know why and how ASL is dangerous to other students. It's absurd! The dumbification of America is being perpetuated by our education leaders because they're the dumbest of them all. In the media in under a year, a kid was ordered to change his sign name because his name sign looked like a gun (ironically, his name was Hunter)... now this girl is not being allowed to communicate! Having to fight for the right to speak is just... DAMN. My language... is my link to the hearing world.

Last edited:

NitroHonda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Pflugerville, TX
    Several fishes in that link, some smell rotten. Hopefully the truth will surface.

The truth is this snuff happens constantly. It is a battle that will never end. We've been fighting it for hundreds of years. I've done it all my life and my children will too. It is what it is... which is very stupid people are often in power.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    They want to her to stop because other kids on the bus were making fun of her and her friends and walking around on the bus so the one who is behaving is going to be punished.

NitroHonda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Pflugerville, TX
    They want to her to stop because other kids on the bus were making fun of her and her friends and walking around on the bus so the one who is behaving is going to be punished.

More anti-bullying BS. Ugh. No doubt, I had a rough time with bullying but I held my own ok. Nothing like kicking ass to defend yourself. You win some and you lose some. All part of growing up.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The truth is this snuff happens constantly. It is a battle that will never end. We've been fighting it for hundreds of years. I've done it all my life and my children will too. It is what it is... which is very stupid people are often in power.

I got both of your points including why FF originally posted and I have empathy for those who are truly disabled.

Maybe the story was poorly written (shocker) but the school district said things happened different than reported, maybe there's bus video to prove that. And if the couple is suing the district over the firecracker incident, why? Was it on school property at a school function? If so why weren't the parents protecting their child if needed?

Like I said, based on that brief article something smells and I hope the truth comes out.

NitroHonda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Pflugerville, TX
    I got both of your points including why FF originally posted and I have empathy for those who are truly disabled.

Maybe the story was poorly written (shocker) but the school district said things happened different than reported, maybe there's bus video to prove that. And if the couple is suing the district over the firecracker incident, why? Was it on school property at a school function? If so why weren't the parents protecting their child if needed?

Like I said, based on that brief article something smells and I hope the truth comes out.

The only truth you need to know is that this happened in 2006 and it keeps getting re-told over and over and over. One variation of the same durn thing. I'm sick of it.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The only truth you need to know is that this happened in 2006 and it keeps getting re-told over and over and over. One variation of the same durn thing. I'm sick of it.

2006?? No the incident happened in 2001 and has been lifted. 2006 was when she turned 18, sued the school in 2007.

School Bus Sign Language Ban Lifted - ABC News

School Bus Sign Language Ban Lifted

B R A N C H B U R G, N.J., April 26

A hearing-impaired New Jersey girl will not be barred from using sign language on her school bus as long as she obeys all the district's safety rules.
    Danica Lesko, 12, was told by her school principal last month that she would be suspended for three days if she did not stop, because the use of sign language was "disruptive."
    District officials in Branchburg were soon bombarded with calls and e-mails from people and groups around the country, who questioned why the ban was needed. The issue also was the topic of several talk radio shows.
    Signing Allowed on the Bus
    "The district's policy and the principal's intention is not to ban signing," Superintendent Lois Capabianco said Wednesday. "Everyone needs to know that signing is allowed on the bus."
    She declined to further discuss the case, citing active and potential litigation, but said the district's attorney had sent the girl's parents a letter which clarifies the policy.
    The Leskos, who claim their daughter's hearing problem was caused by an incident at her school last year, said they were seeking an apology from school officials.
    "My daughter was obeying the rules of the bus," Mary Ann Lesko said. "She was not accused of any inappropriate behavior."

Here is another article written about it dated May 23, 2001.
    firstamendmentcenter.org: news

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Not sure why you didn't point this out in your initial thread post #6 instead of seemingly attacking me later for not knowing the history of the story.

Top Bottom