• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    OK... help me out here. You have a gun strapped to your leg. It discharges and blows a hole in your cup of ice tea, burrows a hole in the dash and narrowly misses hitting a female pedestrian and you think it's a blowen tire on your cart??? Does not pass the smell test with me.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    OK... help me out here. You have a gun strapped to your leg. It discharges and blows a hole in your cup of ice tea, burrows a hole in the dash and narrowly misses hitting a female pedestrian and you think it's a blowen tire on your cart??? Does not pass the smell test with me.

On one side of the coin you have his partner corroborating his story.

On the other side it’s not that partners have ever lied for each other either.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    In a loud environment the pop of a handgun in a holster was probably muted somewhat.

Just spitballing here.

The other cop sitting next to him along with other evidence confirmed his story.

Enough so that the whole agency dumped the guns.

Having been in a law enforcement environment where guns magically go off from time to time I can say the officer always has to prove they wernt phucking around with the weapon. His story ought to be easy to confirm with the witnesses video and evidence. As seems to be the case.

Even with this particular guns history we all say "right" when we hear such a story, as we should. Still this gun has a problem. The drop safe issues and now 3 cases of holstered guns going off with minimal movement. A holstered weapon....modern drop safe design, has always been considered safe, not with this one.

Last edited:

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I was wondering how they would have missed the fact that tea was leaking everywhere, instead of looking for a blown tire.
    The impression I got is there wasn't any volume of liquid where the tea was shot at. Otherwise it would have splashed everywhere.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    This one in a holster sitting in a golf cart with absolutely no hand anywhere near it. Not even dropped or touched.

This gun needs recalled and redesigned as even the "upgraded" versions have issues.

It's Philly. Shit happens.

How bout this bit of Philly wisdom:

As Philly’s gun violence continues, city officials call on legislators to enact more gun control measures

Yep, gotta get after those law abiding gun owners in order to stop the criminals. OMFG

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Y'all must shoot different bullets than I've been buying. If a round goes off in a handgun strapped to my leg I am going to know it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You know what’s strange? That the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) has a counterterrorism patrol operating golf carts.

Top Bottom