• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Everytime I hear something about sig sauer it makes me second guess my edc which is a p938. Wish someone else would make a 9mm that size. I like to pocket carry most months out of the year

Springfield makes the 911 in 9mm, and it’s almost a carbon copy of the P938.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    This situation is not surprising at all. The government prematurely ended the trials and declared that they selected Sig the winner. Had they completed the full testing as they did back in 1985 for the XM9 trials Sig would have lost the competition and Glock would have been the winner. Not that I am a fan of Glock at all but it would have served our military well as it has served law enforcement well over many years.

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    This situation is not surprising at all. The government prematurely ended the trials and declared that they selected Sig the winner. Had they completed the full testing as they did back in 1985 for the XM9 trials Sig would have lost the competition and Glock would have been the winner. Not that I am a fan of Glock at all but it would have served our military well as it has served law enforcement well over many years.

Has there been many issues with the military versions since the process changes were adapted?! I hadn’t heard of any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I seem to remember the DOD taking issue with some deficiencies that Sig quickly addressed. Don’t think it was with the M17 discharging on it’s own. Would like to see more info on this.

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I think so Cam. What I’m trying to figure out is if it effects any P320’s manufactured after August 2017.

Not sure about the date of manufacture on any of the pistols but I did hear Guns & Gadgets mention that a couple of them had been upgraded which has me concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    I didn’t send my P320 back to Sig Sauer but I don’t store/carry any gun chambered anyways.
    I could see how it could fire after wearing some. Not much material is holding that firing pin/striker back.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Yes, and some branches holster with a round in the chamber and some don’t.

Depends on what you are doing. If I recall correctly condition yellow was what I kept my m9 in when I wasn’t actively shooting at the range. But when I was overseas outside the wire my m4 was condition red. Magazine in, round in the chamber.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Personally i carry a DAO s&w body guard in 380. And my model has the mechanical safety.

my wake up in the middle of the night gun is my Springfield 1911, milspec model in 45acp. I keep it in condition yellow, it only takes just a second to chamber a round and I am a confident shot with my 1911. Especially at home defense ranges.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Depends on what you are doing. If I recall correctly condition yellow was what I kept my m9 in when I wasn’t actively shooting at the range. But when I was overseas outside the wire my m4 was condition red. Magazine in, round in the chamber.

Army, huh?

We were always what y’all call ‘condition red’, even in AFG, despite what COMISAF had written down.

Top Bottom