• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Right next to the suitcase nuke, duh!!!!
    oh-north-korea_o_1248409.jpg

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    If you're gonna store Cipro, you need to store acidophilus. Taking Cipro is like eating a bushel of green apples & you'll need to restore your micro flora (bacteria) via the acidophilus. Either that or store more toilet paper.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    If you're gonna store Cipro, you need to store acidophilus. Taking Cipro is like eating a bushel of green apples & you'll need to restore your micro flora (bacteria) via the acidophilus. Either that or store more toilet paper.

That's why you make fermented foods.....no need for refrigeration and more benefits than just replenishing your gut biome.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    WHO is lies. Trust nothing they say. NOTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

Kosh75287

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nemo
    Naproxen has the same stomach side effects as ibuprofen, BTW.

ALL medications of the Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) class have the capacity to cause gastric side effects. In some patients, Naproxen is better tolerated than Ibuprofen. For other patients, it's the converse. There is a significant minority of patients on NSAIDs that tolerates plain ol' Aspirin better than the others. The use of H2 antagonists (Zantac, Pepcid, Tagamet, and the others) USUALLY prevents or reduces gastric side-effects to the point that the NSAID can continue to be used.

The bottom-line question any would-be healer must ask is, "Are the anticipated benefits of the treatment I'm about to give, greater than the probable side-effects that I might induce in the patient?" USUALLY, a bit of heartburn or stomach ache is far preferable to a swollen, painful appendage which inhibits mobility. This is especially so, when one is far away from civilization and the medical care found there.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    Can you speak further about your fears?

There a few concerns, the first is people taking a treatment without the ability to make a differential diagnosis as to what the infection is and what the correct treatment is. I don't know if you have medical training, but I assume you don't. If I'm wrong that is on me.

If you take amoxicillin when you should be taking ciprofloxacin, you could be making he problem worse. You would be killing the good bacteria in your gut, leading to diarrhea or constipation when you need your gi tract functioning at its best. You could also be taxing your kidneys. Even if you have the right antibiotic, the dose varies based on infection. If you underdose, you are setting yourself to be colonized with resistant bacteria that won't be able to be treated without IV antibiotics.

The second concern is storage. Your pharmacy has rules and regs to wrt drug storage. The expiration date on bottles is a guesstimate based on ideal conditions. And it shrinks every time you open the bottle in a humid environment or remove a desiccant. Antibiotics transferred from the stock bottle to a patient bottle have an expiration date assigned at most a year from dispensing. And that isn't based on science so nobody knows how long those meds are good for. So unless you are going to rebuy every year, the meds aren't going to be there when you need them.

Third, duration of therapy is important and it isn't until symptoms go away. If you stop too soon, resistance.

Fourth, you will be using drugs that have different doses depending on kidney function. If you use something that is really cleared on a patient with renal insufficiency, you could send them into renal failure.

The rest have already been mentioned here.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Those are all very good points. Still not a bad idea to stock up on meds in case they become hard to get, but consulting a doctor is still pretty important before using them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    There a few concerns, the first is people taking a treatment without the ability to make a differential diagnosis as to what the infection is and what the correct treatment is. I don't know if you have medical training, but I assume you don't. If I'm wrong that is on me.

If you take amoxicillin when you should be taking ciprofloxacin, you could be making he problem worse. You would be killing the good bacteria in your gut, leading to diarrhea or constipation when you need your gi tract functioning at its best. You could also be taxing your kidneys. Even if you have the right antibiotic, the dose varies based on infection. If you underdose, you are setting yourself to be colonized with resistant bacteria that won't be able to be treated without IV antibiotics.

The second concern is storage. Your pharmacy has rules and regs to wrt drug storage. The expiration date on bottles is a guesstimate based on ideal conditions. And it shrinks every time you open the bottle in a humid environment or remove a desiccant. Antibiotics transferred from the stock bottle to a patient bottle have an expiration date assigned at most a year from dispensing. And that isn't based on science so nobody knows how long those meds are good for. So unless you are going to rebuy every year, the meds aren't going to be there when you need them.

Third, duration of therapy is important and it isn't until symptoms go away. If you stop too soon, resistance.

Fourth, you will be using drugs that have different doses depending on kidney function. If you use something that is really cleared on a patient with renal insufficiency, you could send them into renal failure.

The rest have already been mentioned here.

Can you recommend any paper printed literature for the use of antibiotics? A book that can be kept on hand for the safer use of antibiotics?

Edit to add: storage will be intact, sealed original bottles. Stored in under an inert gas(Freon), within a sealed metal container. Ambient temps in the range of 67-75f.

Last edited:

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    In a truly desperate situation, having the meds is better than not of course; but contact a medical professional before using.

I can imagine a lot in a SHTF type situation, and hearing a doc say "I know what to give you but I don't have any medicines" is definitely one of them.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Can you recommend any paper printed literature for the use of antibiotics? A book that can be kept on hand for the safer use of antibiotics?

Edit to add: storage will be intact, sealed original bottles. Stored in under an inert gas(Freon), within a sealed metal container. Ambient temps in the range of 67-75f.
    Can't recommend a book, but you could print off the pages you need from drugs.com website. They list the dosage and length per condition. They also have listings for adult and pediatric.

Top Bottom