Lynx Defense

Any advice on what to do about my Taxes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    i already filed my taxes. did the online thing through HR block. filed as head of household and claimed my kid. thats it. i do this every year. However i still havent gotten my return. its been over a month since i have filed and im still "processing". what has me weirded out is that almost all of my coworkers that have filed have gotten their returns back. Hell, one filed on the 8th and already received her monies. Should i be worried that i havent moved out of processing yet in almost a months time? i tried calling the number provided on the website, but its basically a "check my file status" for the phone. no amount of pressing 0 would get me a live person.

any advice? anyone got a number i can call and get a live operator?

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The IRS did not start processing returns until the 30th of Jan. They might be trying to catch up. Did you make sure your return was accepted by the IRS a day or so after you filed ?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    THe delay in submitting the returns by HR Block should have been discussed with you when they did the return. As mroper said, the IRS didn't accept returns until Jan 30th. So your return could only have been there 3 weeks at the most. The reality is for this year, that refunds are coming back slower than in years past. Hang in there, its likely right around the corner.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Yea i remember it saying they wont process till the 30th. As i said though i have coworkers receiving theirs already that filed this month. I checked my status and im still in processing. I decided to call and i mashed 0 till i got a live operator. He directed my call and i sat on hold for 45minutes. Had to go to work so i hung up. Im just worried there was a problem with mine.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You can always call them at 800-829-1040 and see if there is a problem, but I would give it till next week.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Getting a refund is the crux of our taxation problem.

Millions of American Tax payers expect a refund.

Think about it -- you have money taken out of your paycheck all year long, then you file, and if you have paid too much, you get a refund but no interest on the overpayment. The IRS sucks the blood out of our desire and ability to use the moneys they have withheld from us.

If the Federal Government had to rely on end-of-year tax payments, they would not waste the billions they get in monthly contributions.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    THe delay in submitting the returns by HR Block should have been discussed with you when they did the return. As mroper said, the IRS didn't accept returns until Jan 30th. So your return could only have been there 3 weeks at the most. The reality is for this year, that refunds are coming back slower than in years past. Hang in there, its likely right around the corner.
    Thanks go to the Prez and Congress for screwing around on the 'fiscal cliff' thing, not getting their job done until New Year's Day, and giving the IRS no time to get all the forms ready by the usual 1/15 start date for filing. They're still sticking to the 4/15 deadline though.

Think about it -- you have money taken out of your paycheck all year long, then you file, and if you have paid too much, you get a refund but no interest on the overpayment. The IRS sucks the blood out of our desire and ability to use the moneys they have withheld from us.
    So what if they don't pay you interest for using your money - neither do banks. In fact, you'd be worse off putting it in a bank since so many have resorted to bullshit fees and surcharges in response to Dodd-Frank and other legislation affecting banks.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    so i called the IRS.....

i was "Subject to a random review" and ill be receiving a notice, and my refund will be processed within 45days of this notice.

I got that last year, it wasnt until mid march that i got my refund.

And i never got any notice, only way i found out was from calling.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    I filed mine on a Wednesday and got my return Direct Deposited yesterday. Total turn around from sign amd file to deposit was like ten days. I haven't used H&R since the late 90's when they charged me $70 for a return that had 2 W2's

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    FYI, refunds are hitting accounts pretty quick for those getting direct deposit. And for those who don't want the IRS to know your account number, lolollolololololololololol.

If they want to know, they will. Direct deposit cuts about a week off the time to get a check.

Top Bottom