• ...and so much more!
  • Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Yall must have found The Bunker.

Yup, didn't you tell me where it was a month or so ago???

My AR project is on hold, I spent $540 today on a GSG-5 Anniversary rifle and a cheapie hard case. I got the GSG at The Bunker and the case at Cabela's...

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Jason, got my RRA lower at the same place you did, thanks for the tip!

When did you pick it up???

Did you get anything else or just the lower? I am guessing you don't have anything stupidly over done planned for yours like I am likely going to end up with...

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Jason, just got it last Tuesday, and that was all I bought, so far I have an upper and a stripped lower, a ways to go yet! *L*

NewTxn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Today at the gun show in South Austin I added the following.

Ergonomic grip
    Car length quad rail
    Carry handle (I had to have this from my childhood dreams of having my own "M16")
    Collapsible stock

LPK and KNS pins next on the agenda...

When/Where is this South Austin gun show? I was only aware of Saxet up north.

cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    When building your first AR I would recommend going by or at least using as a guide the info at this thread. www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782
    There are a lot of good tips and tricks. Be careful with the take down springs, trust me they fly a long way & are very tricky to install. If you have problems with the installation a particular post your problem on AR15.com on the Build It Yourself forum. You will get help within minutes.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    When building your first AR I would recommend going by or at least using as a guide the info at this thread. [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782[/URL]
    There are a lot of good tips and tricks. Be careful with the take down springs, trust me they fly a long way & are very tricky to install. If you have problems with the installation a particular post your problem on AR15.com on the Build It Yourself forum. You will get help within minutes.

Good stuff, I think I am already registered there... however my project is about to be stalled once the lower is completed...

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Anyone with the right tools interested in helping me assemble the lower??? I have all my parts for that at least...

How easy is it to R&R the buttstock if I put the one I have on there and I want to upgrade or replace it later?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    There is a company at 290 and S Congress that builds them from the ground up the way you want it but im not going to post the name because i dont know if its ok.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Butt stock is easy cheesy to put on if your ever in the temple area pm me I will help you. as for the rest of the parts they are pretty easy to. just the pin for the bolt release is a pain in the butt.

NewTxn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    I have some tools and have probably assembled about 4-5 lowers so far. If you need some help send me a PM. I'm in South Austin.

Top Bottom