• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hey guys-I'm looking for an AR15 as well as the 1911. Anyone know of anyone selling that doesn't have the prices jacked up? Right now, I'm planning on going through Quantico Tactical but I figure I'll make sure there's no other options out there for me.
    Guns International

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I went to Academy near my house yesterday and a guy bought a DPMS under $800 out the door, and he did not have to stand in line. I mention that just to point out that with a little work you can still buy at pre panic prices.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I went to Academy near my house yesterday and a guy bought a DPMS under $800 out the door, and he did not have to stand in line. I mention that just to point out that with a little work you can still buy at pre panic prices.
    Exactly the kinda thing I was looking for. I'm gonna try the gun shop up in Gatesville, and now that you mention it-Academy.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pracco's is not shy about their pricing.

I would hit academy, there prices have not really changed since this crap started. Just gotta get there in the morning for a better chance at finding what you want.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    A chain store like Academy, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, etc will probably be your best bet as they're still selling at the prices they were months ago just not able to keep them on the shelf long, but you'll have to have a little patience and keep checking. Most privately owned gun shops have raised their prices.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    As much as I haven't liked JT Sports in Copperas Cove in the past-I do have to admit they've stayed pretty consistent with their pricing through all the mess. Even their ammo has stayed pretty level and they also seem to have plenty of it somehow. I'm gonna be going there to get a few boxes this weekend.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Worth is a matter of market. It is "worth" whatever people are willing to pay.

Yep. I've not paid more than $725 for mine. But it's a different time. $1100 seems fair right now. Will it come down? I hope so.

But right now $1100 is as cheap as I have seen. For someone who doesn't have one, and is on a tight budget, its a better deal than the $2500 CTDs guns. Not everyone has the time to sit in line at Cabelas at 5am.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Worth is a matter of market. It is "worth" whatever people are willing to pay.

I know what worth and the market is all to well. My comment was strictly sarcasim because to some a DPMS AR-15 is just another run of the mill $700 gun.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    You have to view buying an overprice gun as buying a gun plus a lot of ammo and shooting all the ammo the first day you got the gun.. Accept you are better off cuz you didn't just burn through a thousand rounds of ammo.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm going to be heading down to San Antonio on Friday, so maybe while I'm down that way I'll stop by there. Just gotta see if I remember lol

Today, I went by Academy, Walmart, JT Sports, Guns Unlimited, and Quantico. Quantico had actually just got a shipment of 5 in and boy they had guys ALL over that. I think I'm just gonna start taking action to get one of the ones through Quantico since that seems to be the easiest way and the wait isn't as long as ordering an AR online.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I've never seen a DPMS worth $1100.

I don't know. My LR 308 shoots 1/2 inch groups, has dropped over 200 deer and at least that many pigs, the longest shot being just a little over 300 yards. I would say I have gotten the $1195 I paid out of it.:cool:

scotts0330

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    The gun Shop here in SC has there AR15 basic model with the plain furniture on it for 799 ea they get about 20 to 30 a week.

Top Bottom