• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    dash...go to a local gun shop here in Austin and support a local gun business instead of the pawn whores....

Mcbrides Guns

Heritage Firearms

Storied Firearms

Central Texas Gunworks

To name a few and in NO particular order of preference....I promise you'll pay less and get a better gun, hands down
    Lynx Defense

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I second this both for the principle of supporting a gun person running a business and because pawn shops are way overpriced.
    Gun dealers will also have used guns and my bet is...way cheaper than pawnshops.

smokey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Pawn shops in my book are bad Karma. Hell, they prey on the poor and a breeding ground for stolen property. Could be your property one day. Sure, maybe not firearms which are reported, but tools and other household goods that are not traceable. No way will I ever support a pawn shop, period.

Long_Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    TX
    I prefer Pawn shops with FFL, especially for bargain hunting, I like to haggle and spent some time in the Middle-East I am a pro at it. Not everyone has $600 to blow on a new Beretta or Glock. And do not even think of mentioning Hi Point or Taurus in a Gun Store...I despise gun snobs.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    So I finally had an opportunity to stop in a pawn shop last weekend. I was actually in the market for a chain saw and thought I'd see if they might have something. They didn't have any chainsaws, and I looked around and didn't see any guns. I asked the guy behind the counter if they sold guns and he said yes, but not on the weekends. Huh? I asked him why not, weekends are the only times a lot of people can get out to shop. He just said it was store policy.

Does this make any sense to anybody?

Hardway

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Since you asked for pawn shop names, all 3 Action Pawn stores sell guns, the one off 183 southbound, just north of Lakeline Blvd, and both in Round Rock off I-35 at Hesters Crossing and 79 respectively. I frequent them as much as I can because you never know what they might have. I have bought guns, electronics, tools, and jewelry from all of them. Everytime they give me a good deal after a little friendly haggling and are always super nice. On top of that the guys at the Hesters Crossing and Cedar Park stores are pretty knowledgable. The best pawn shop I have ever been in was the Action Pawn in San Antonio off hwy 410 at Marbach. They had so many guns in the case they were literally stacked on top of one another and all priced very well. There was a gun show in the convention center just across the parking lot the day I went in, the pawn shop had better prices!

I have bought guns both new and used from Reds north and Heritage, both were good experiences as well. All in all its just what you are looking for that day and how bad you want it.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Its been my experience most pawn shops try and sell guns at new retail price. I found an XDm I really wanted a while back and they wanted $20 more for it than I could buy it new online. I even showed them and they wouldnt budge.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Its been my experience most pawn shops try and sell guns at new retail price. I found an XDm I really wanted a while back and they wanted $20 more for it than I could buy it new online. I even showed them and they wouldnt budge.

There's a shop down here by the house that does that. And then they complain that they can't sell guns.

tap talked from a phone yeah im on my phone! it's crazy!

Hardway

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Pflugerville
    You have to build a relationship with a shop. I bought a few cheap tools and DVD's when I first went in. Once they got to know me they always gave me a fair deal. Plus if you are on the lookout for something many will take down your info and then once it comes in or comes off pawn they will call you.

Top Bottom