• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If I stay out of bars when drinking it’s easier. The wife smokes Marlboro Black and they just plain stink.

For lots of years I only smoked during the renfest. Most of those that really knew me could predict it pretty go just watching me.

I always tried to stop the last day I worked renfest by running out.

Stopping ain’t hard not restarting is hard.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Hardest thing I ever did. Marlboro was $2.20 a carton in the service. The day I quit I immediately went out and ran track until exhaustion. The phenomes or whatever helped me. Just realize that once you quit you can never start back again or you are hooked again. Good luck, it can be done. That was 46 years ago.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    I got someone to stop smoking. There's a filter system (four or five filters). You start with the lowest level; put your cigarette into it, then smoke. You have to clean it afterwards. (Yuck.) Smoke, clean, repeat, then switch to the next level. The smoker quit after the second or third level.
    I think the filters came from Walgreens.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I got someone to stop smoking. There's a filter system (four or five filters). You start with the lowest level; put your cigarette into it, then smoke. You have to clean it afterwards. (Yuck.) Smoke, clean, repeat, then switch to the next level. The smoker quit after the second or third level.
    I think the filters came from Walgreens.
    Tried that in 1976. Kept up with it for about 3 weeks. Then I got the flu. Blamed it on those damn filters and went back to cigs.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    It’s tough, but you can do it. I myself quit April 24, 2017, and I know how hard it is. Stick with it. The first 3-4 days are the worst; once you get past that, it’s much easier. Some night sweats and interesting dreams if going cold turkey, but those are short lived. I smoked for 27 years prior to that, so it was ingrained in all I did. Coffee in the morning without a cigarette took some getting used to. You will feel better. If there was a propensity for “allergies” sinus infections or bronchitis, you may see those infections subside. Plus, the $ saved will be like a pay raise.

Top Bottom