Join TexasGunTalk

Any "Bulls eye" matches in the Corpus area?

Discussion in 'Corpus Christi' started by rednekked, Dec 6, 2017.

1. rednekked

rednekked New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    I'm in Rockport- thats close to Corpus Christi.
    I usually shoot in New Branfels or the Austin Rifle Cub - but was looking for something under 3 hours away!
    I'm afraid postal is the only way to have a match in my area,
    Michael

2. TxStetson

TxStetson TGT Addict

May 9, 2013
    Abilene
    Back when I was competing and shooting regularly in Corpus, we went to the Hwy 44 gun range out by the airport. The guy that owned it used to be on the Romanian Olympic shooting team. Not sure what options are there now that they closed.

3. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
  4. kacktus

kacktus Member

Jul 13, 2013
    V tach is the owner of arandas firearms and has graciously hosted a few events for the locals down in the area.
    Im unsure of the state of the range due to the huricane.

Tony where you at?

5. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    Here.....and apologies for missing this thread. range is open, but a lot of the sound abatement tiles are down from being wet. We are currently awaiting a new roof and don't want to replace the tiles until we know they won't get wet again. It is a little louder than normal.

I am not opposed to having some kind of competition/matches. Getting anyone to attend is the problem. Just not a lot of interest in our area. We have had folks talk about .22 matches ect, but has never generated enough interest to even get started.

The last free range day I tried to schedule for TGT members had zero takers. Most live in Corpus and we don't allow rifles other than pistol calibers are just a couple of the reasons and are quite valid reasons and understandable. Trying to schedule a day that fits everyone's need is challenging. Sundays work best for us since we are closed. But a lot of folks work weekends, church ect.

Since Harvey, it's been really slow for the range/shop. Everyone here is trying to get their lives and homes back in order. Maybe early in 2018 we can try again to get something with some kind of competition going and even have another free TGT Members only day.

Of course everyone is always welcome stop by from TGT anytime any day........

6. rednekked

rednekked New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    V-Tach - I'll come to the range after the first of the year(I'm assuming you are the only indoor range in Rockport/Fulton). Maybe we can drum up some interest with the Winter Texans.

Michael

V-Tach likes this.
  7. kacktus

kacktus Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Sorry to hear about the range.
    Was your home ok?
    Ive been lacking on shooting for the last three months, trying to get my house rebuilt and the shop in port a rebuilt.
    But glad to see your open and alive.

V-Tach likes this.
  8. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    rednekked, we are the only range in Rockport, indoors or out......there is Mr. Schwenke's out door range in Aransas Pass (200 yards).......please do stop by and we'll kick some ideas around....see if we can get some people motivated...even me....

Kactus, the house needs a roof and some siding, but it held together well otherwise....we rode the storm out with all the inventory from the shop in it out in Lamar........good luck with your repairs and rebuilding....we are all still fighting with the insurance companies here too.......

9. rednekked

rednekked New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Rockport
    OK. I"ll come by next week. I'm familiar with Schwenke's and have planned to stop in you place for the last year.
    Have a Happy Christmas and we'll talk next week.
    Michael

V-Tach likes this.
  10. kacktus

kacktus Member

Jul 13, 2013
    My neighbor and i rode it out in aransas pass, worst decision of my life. I couldnt imagine what it was like Where your at. Should be moving back into the house tuesday. If you need anything or help hollar at me.

V-Tach likes this.