• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i usually drink 2 blue monsters a day. sometimes i get a grande caramel machiato with 5 shots...

i sit infront of a computer for 8-10+ hrs out of the day, i need all the stimulants i can get lol.

but boy do i sleep like a baby.
    Guns International

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    Dadgum man, take it easy on the caffeine!! Actually, lately I have been drinking quite a bit of caffeine, at least for me. A coke or 2, plus a coffee, all after 5 pm...and when I take Excedrin, which has twice as much caffeine as coffee, then I'm wired.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I used to drink 3 of Monster blues a day, sometimes 4. My job requires alot of thought throughout the day so the stimulant helps to stay sharp. Plus it has a ton of B vitamins which really help mental capacity.

Very low sugar so it's better than sucking down sodas, just a bit pricey.

The caffeine contained in a soda does nothing for me. I'm too resistant to it. I've found that it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to lower your tolerance to caffeine, and about 2 days to recoup it.

Coffee is the most caffeine dense beverage by far. Two 8 oz. cups has alot of caffeine in it, well more than 32 oz. of Monster.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    tell me bout it, i brought 3 to work just in case. im riding on about 4 hrs of sleep, i sure hope i can catch a nap before the tac class tonight. *sigh*

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    4 shot latte' every morning, unless I'm out of espresso beans and forgot to pick more up the night before.

Been making them just about every day for I don't know how many years. I know back to '91 or '92 at least.

I'm on my 3rd espresso machine. Even if I added up what I have in espresso machine and bur grinder (both $$$$) I'm still saving a ton of money over buying them at Starbucks. But there are days I don't have the 20 minutes for the whole process and I reluctantly go and buy one.

I can live with $5.50 for a half lb. of beans every 1-1.5 weeks. :D And I keep them in a vacuum sealed container so they stay nice a fresh.

Oh, then cokes later if I drive soft drinks. Only Coke, the real Coke. Generally much later, and with Captain Morgan. :D

Owens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Levelland
    Prefer my coffee strong and black - Chicory!
    Come to think of it, maybe the cup needs a scrubbing with Hoppes #9!

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
    It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
    It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
    It restoreth my buzz:
    It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,
    I will fear no Equal™:
    For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Starbucks®:
    Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
    Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
    and I will dwell in the House of Juan Valdez forever.

Amen
    iv.jpg

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    no coffee or caffeine today. maybe a lil bit from a soda but not much.

splitting headache, im talkin huge headache. the kind that you take a pill and try to sleep it off but wake up with a even worse headache.

totally sucked. :(

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Chicory = good stuff.
    I buy French Market or Cafe Dumond, they are the only choices here if you want chicory.

We use different coffees at the office. We are a satellite office, so we can pretty much buy anything we want. They guys don't like the way I make coffee. They cut it with water to make it weaker...

My recent favorite has been Cafe Pilaio, it is very smooth (and hard to find). It is a Brazilian coffee that I have only found to be imported into a company in Miami, FL. My wife got me hooked on it, one of her patients brings it to her office. Apparently the lady travels to Brazil every couple of months. Recently, the lady went in for an appointment & took them several bags of the coffee. Only about half her office drinks coffee, so she brought a bag to the house......nice, got me hooked on something that's hard to find. :)

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    no coffee or caffeine today. maybe a lil bit from a soda but not much.

splitting headache, im talkin huge headache. the kind that you take a pill and try to sleep it off but wake up with a even worse headache.

totally sucked. :(

Did you know caffeine can actually help headaches? Many headache meds contain caffeine.

Chicory = good stuff +1 But I don't generally drink "coffee" and my wife doesn't like chicory so I can't remember the last time I had any.

Speaking of.......I think my espresso machine is ready for me now...

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    AAHHH! Coffee!! Two cups every morning, and by cups I mean each of my cups is actually 4 cups,, so 8 actual cups every morning. Then my favorite pass time in the spring and fall evenings is a good cup of coffee and a good cigar out of one of my humidors.
    And for Pete's sake just give me a cup of coffee, no need for all that sissy stuff in it. Black or just a little non dairy creamer.

My favorites in this order
    Dunkin- donuts
    Montecristo -Jamaican Blue Mountain
    Cafe BelMondo -original
    Montecristo- American breakfast blend
    Boca Java -Boca sunrise

Top Bottom