Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    I did the one at Cabellas on I35W which is/was done by Advanced Gunworks in Roanoke.

It's been over a year so I don't know what's changed, if anything.

Closer to Denton, is one that's maybe 2 miles from me, but I have no idea what they're like except you better not try to use their parking lot to turn around in. :p

Texas Hunter Education, CHL, & NRA First Steps Classes| Denton County Sports Association

Yea, I heard of this place when I first moved to Denton, never been there though. I usually shoot at DFW Gun Range off Mockingbird during the summer cause they have A/C

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Yea, I heard of this place when I first moved to Denton, never been there though. I usually shoot at DFW Gun Range off Mockingbird during the summer cause they have A/C

I hope you work down there an not just driving for the AC. :p

Actually, Denton County Sports is indoor and has AC but I've never been there. It' a private club although doesn't seem unreasonable last I checked. Just doesn't seem to have much room.

I shoot at Elm Fork or more so recently at Quail Creek (or is it Ridge?) At the end, the very, very end, of 1171 west of I35W.

DeadFishEye

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    I hope you work down there an not just driving for the AC. :p

Actually, Denton County Sports is indoor and has AC but I've never been there. It' a private club although doesn't seem unreasonable last I checked. Just doesn't seem to have much room.

I shoot at Elm Fork or more so recently at Quail Creek (or is it Ridge?) At the end, the very, very end, of 1171 west of I35W.

Yea, I work in Dallas off 635 and Preston. But I do know where the Cabellas on I35W is. I drive past it when I go to my GF house in Haltom City.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Yea, I work in Dallas off 635 and Preston. But I do know where the Cabellas on I35W is. I drive past it when I go to my GF house in Haltom City.

That's still a pretty good haul and through crappy traffic to get to DFW!

Elm Fork is on Luna just north of 114 and south of Royal. Off 635, it's only about 2 miles south on Luna. I haven't been in several months, but last time I was there, they had already made some significant progress with renovations and expansion. But it's outside.

WarrGo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    N. Texas
    I worked this summer at a stand that sold peaches in Denton and we had a guy that gave me a card that does CHL class. I am sorry but I didn't keep it. He had pretty reasonable rates.

Top Bottom